2015 Elkridge 38 RSRT Hot Water Heater Adjustment

jimtoo

Hi andersondebono,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and family.

You need to check the bypass valves at the back of the water heater and make sure the center valve is fully closed and also the outside shower to make sure the valves are closed off and not just the fast turn off on the shower head. If either of these are open it will allow the cold to mix with the warm and cause the water to be just warm.

There is no adjustment on the water heater thermostat itself for water temperature.

Let us know what you find.

Jim M

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
You can also use the propane and 110V together for faster hot water recovery. Always make sure the W/H tank is full of water before turning on the 110V switch.

Thank you for the advice, I will be looking at it tomorrow morning. If I don't drain the hot water tank after our trips, it should be full correct? The dealer said only to drain it to winterize it, but I live in FL, so it doesn't get that cold here.

jimtoo

Yes, it should stay full when you move, but to be sure before you turn on the water heater, hook up your water and run a little through the hot water faucet, spicket or hydrant ,,, I guess depends on where your from or live as to name, just to make sure your heater is full.

Jim M