2015 Goshen Rally - Discussion Thread

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Re: Marketplace Link

From what I understand jimpav, this year there will not be any offer for the alignment check with the Correct Track. That was done last time thru Mobile Outfitters, a division of Lippert which has now been dissolved.

olcoon

Jim,
If I remember correctly in the past, they were set up near where you get your rig weighed, and you could get it checked before/after you got weighed. May be different this year, though. I'm thinking that if you didn't get it done when you arrived at the rally, you could make arrangements with them for a later time. See ya at the rally!

jimpav

Jim,
If I remember correctly in the past, they were set up near where you get your rig weighed, and you could get it checked before/after you got weighed. May be different this year, though. I'm thinking that if you didn't get it done when you arrived at the rally, you could make arrangements with them for a later time. See ya at the rally!

yes, you are right, Roy. That was a good opportunity. I wonder where everyone else that has the system is getting it checked? I also wonder what the factory does when they build your unit? Do they just bolt them on, or do they actually have a line setup to align the system???

danemayer

yes, you are right, Roy. That was a good opportunity. I wonder where everyone else that has the system is getting it checked? I also wonder what the factory does when they build your unit? Do they just bolt them on, or do they actually have a line setup to align the system???
From previous discussions, the point of the Correct Track is to correct tracking problems that result from uneven weight distribution. The best time to check alignment is when the coach is fully loaded. I think the factory ships them in a neutral position which would be the same tracking as if they weren't there.

A couple of years ago, many Camping World locations had the laser alignment tool and training. Cost $99 to check/adjust the alignment. And sometimes there would be a $50 discount coupon. Don't know if any of them still do that. The alternative is to drop a plumb line from the pin and manually measure to front of the tires.

jbeletti

Re: our attendance

Jim I think you meant Tuesday June 16th under the Rally Days - Thursday, June 16th through “noon” Sunday, June 21st on your agenda.

Good catch Colleen. We may have to live with this typo as the jobs have all been sent to the printer :)

Online Agenda has been fixed (link)

Rally Errata Sheet has been started and a copy of the Errata will be given to attendees (link)

Last edited:

jbeletti

Perhaps I missed it in the previous 57 pages, but will there be an opportunity to get a Correct Track check/alignment at the rally???? If so, who, where, and how much $$$.
thanks

Sorry Jim - no Correct Track alignement check at the rally. If time allows in your own schedule, consider contacting Tiara RV Sales, our Elkhart dealer to see if they can do this for you.

jimpav

Thanks Dan and Jim B for the info. I'll see if I can train my local Truck/trailer shop up in Holland to try it. They already have a laser setup for semi trailers.

ljsexton

We have found we will be able to come to the rally earlier than planned. Called the fairgounds and made arrangements with them but cannot change my reservations as "page cannot be found". Is it too late to change my reservations? We plan to be in Goshen on Sunday afternoon 6/7. Will this be a problem?

clubmgr

Heartland Owners Club Manager
Staff member
Re: Arrving Early at the Rally

We have found we will be able to come to the rally earlier than planned. Called the fairgounds and made arrangements with them but cannot change my reservations as "page cannot be found". Is it too late to change my reservations? We plan to be in Goshen on Sunday afternoon 6/7. Will this be a problem?

The earliest that an attendee can register to camp using our rally registration is June 9. Any nights prior to June 9 are registered for and paid for by contacting the Fairgrounds directly.

As you are registered through the rally registration starting with June 9, you need do nothing with your rally registration. Since you have registered with the fairgrounds for the nights of 6/7 and 6/8 that is all you need to do. Note that your site for 6/7 and 6/8 may be different from the site for which you are registered for the rally.

Possum51

We are having work done by Mor-Ryde. Does anyone know the address they are doing their work at?

jnbhobe

1966 Sterling ave, or 1966 Moyer ave. They own everything in that area.

jbeletti

Goshen Rally - Core Team has arrived!

On these BIG rallies, there is a small Core-Team of people that lead teams in several key aspects of the rally. Today, the first 3 Core-Team members arrived at the Fairgrounds in Goshen!

Beletti, Yocum/Hancock and Hershberger are here.

Tomorrow, Wolbeck and Hromek arrive.

And the Fairgrounds is really hopping! The Great Lakes Region of the FMCA is holding their 2015 GLAMARAMA Rally here now. This place is maxed and then some. Sort of like Fort Knox too as they block all entrances to funnel all their traffic into a specific gate.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMAG3638.jpg
    IMAG3638.jpg
    226.4 KB · Views: 391
  • IMAG3640.jpg
    IMAG3640.jpg
    712 KB · Views: 392

TandC

Re: Goshen Rally - Core Team has arrived!

Is it too late to sign up for minor repairs/parts? I cannot get the sign up form link to open up. So ... ???

jbeletti

Goshen Rally Minor Service Signup - Closed

Is it too late to sign up for minor repairs/parts? I cannot get the sign up form link to open up. So ... ???

Hi Terrell - yes, we ended up closing the Minor Service request form yesterday as we're now within the 2-week window prior to the rally.

From this point forward, anyone who did not signup for Minor Rally Service, will have to check-in with the Service Desk (NW camping section) on Monday, June 15 or Tuesday, June 16. Service will make "best efforts" to get to you but know that no parts were ordered for you, so they may be limited in what they can do.

Jim Posz

Re: Goshen Rally Minor Service Signup - Closed

We are signed up for the MORryde / railroad/ collections tour on either June 11 or 12. Is there a way to find out ahead of our arrival which day we are assigned to? We have some family in the area we are hoping to see, and knowing which day we are free would help us plan a get together with them.
Thanks.

clubmgr

Heartland Owners Club Manager
Staff member

We are signed up for the MORryde / railroad/ collections tour on either June 11 or 12. Is there a way to find out ahead of our arrival which day we are assigned to? We have some family in the area we are hoping to see, and knowing which day we are free would help us plan a get together with them.
Thanks.

When you registered you registered for the Thursday, June 11 Tour. If you need additional information, please email me at club@heartlandowners.org.

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)

Hey Jim Beletti,
What is that under your window?

attachment.php

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    12 KB · Views: 326

jbeletti

Hey Jim Beletti,
What is that under your window?

attachment.php

Mark - it's the sign that comes with all LM 365 units.
attachment.php

Attachments

• 10603883_10206517935257770_7472271301918004567_o.jpg
    10603883_10206517935257770_7472271301918004567_o.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 487