2015 Goshen Rally - Discussion Thread

pegmikef

Getting ready to hit the road for Goshen after while. Hey Mike, how's the South area? Sounds like it's going to rain in Goshen today.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As Jim said we have had rain off and on, but it is not bad in this area. Unlike Texas, the ground here seems to
perf really well. Actually, I am quite surprised that it isn't a muddy mess with all the driving on the ground, but it isn't. From what I can see, there are still a lot of vacant sites down here.

paulh

Does anybody know if aluminum pop-tops will be collected again this year? I have this big bag that is full with one heck of a lot of miles on them that I would love to contribute.

mmomega

AnyTimer
On our way. We got a later start than I would have liked but overall the trip has been good. Made it to Sikeston, MO and ate dinner at Lambert's Cafe and it was some kind of good.
If anyone is traveling back through that area it is almost a must to stop in.
Watch out for the flying dinner rolls!!
2305 E Malone AveSikeston, MO 63801-3801United States

We should be rolling in maybe around 4-5pm depending on when get going in the morning.

olcoon

Does anybody know if aluminum pop-tops will be collected again this year? I have this big bag that is full with one heck of a lot of miles on them that I would love to contribute.​

From what I understand, no. I think it wasn't worth while, or something like that. If you want to get rid of them, we are saving them for a worth while cause, that I can donate them for you.

paulh

Thanks Roy, I would love to donate to a worthy cause. I am on Ring Road #323 if you would like to drop by.

dlw930

On our way. We got a later start than I would have liked but overall the trip has been good. Made it to Sikeston, MO and ate dinner at Lambert's Cafe and it was some kind of good.
If anyone is traveling back through that area it is almost a must to stop in.
Watch out for the flying dinner rolls!!

We should be rolling in maybe around 4-5pm depending on when get going in the morning.

We left Joshua, TX Friday morning, stopping in Little Rock overnight. Should be going through Sikeston Sat. afternoon. Planning on a late Sunday appearance in Goshen.

mmomega

AnyTimer
We left Joshua, TX Friday morning, stopping in Little Rock overnight. Should be going through Sikeston Sat. afternoon. Planning on a late Sunday appearance in Goshen.

We left Mansfield at 10am Friday so I had the grand idea to make it in 2 days so it's kicking my butt now. About to pull out of Sikeston here in about 30 minutes then be Goshen bound. Those fairgrounds are going to be looking real good come later today.

2psnapod1

Texas-South Chapter Leader-Retired
From what I understand, no. I think it wasn't worth while, or something like that. If you want to get rid of them, we are saving them for a worth while cause, that I can donate them for you.[/COLOR][/INDENT][/COLOR]

That's what we were told too....and we have a bunch too....Roy....they're coming YOUR way.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
OH my - for those that went to the Amish Dinner today (Saturday) - WOW was it GOOOOOD.

dlw930

OH my - for those that went to the Amish Dinner today (Saturday) - WOW was it GOOOOOD.

Sorry we missed it. Maybe we can get directions and try it Monday or one other day after we arrive.

nander

Texas North Chapter Leaders-retired
Sorry we missed it. Maybe we can get directions and try it Monday or one other day after we arrive.

Unfortunately, David, they do banquets only. There's plenty of other amish food around though! ;)

Travel safe and see you soon!

pegmikef

Hey Dave, don't feel bad, we're here and missed it too . . . oh wait, the tour we took yesterday included a meal at the Yoder house so we got one anyway. Nancy is correct. We had a nice Amish meal at the Blue Gate Wednesday. Good food and reasonable prices. We are filling up fast down here in the low rent district so get here as soon as you can. The word must have gotten out that we have nice lawns (instead of rocks and cement) and daily equestrian entertainment down here.

dlw930

We're closing the gap little by little. At least we're in a bordering state tonight. We stopped near Benton, IL for the night at a park recommended by the Poole's. Really nice, wooded park with nice sites and lots of nice RVs. Long pull tomorrow, but hope to be in Goshen before the dinner bell rings. Have Molly save a spot for us with one of her bones. Bailee will return it when we get there. See all y'all tomorrow!

clubmgr

Heartland Owners Club Manager
Staff member
Re: Bus Tickets for Elkhart Tour are still available

If you would like to ride either the bus to the Factory portion of the Elkhart Tour OR the bus to the Design Center portion of the Elkhart Tour, please contact Julie at 434-865-5756 or South CG site 201 as we have some tickets available. Tickets are $7.00 per person.

You will hand in your ticket as you board the bus.