2015 Landmark Availability / Lead Time On Ordering

Just wondering if anyone knows when Heartland switches to 2015 models, and how long their production lead time is? Considering the Savannah later this year.

pegmikef

Seems to me I was told that anything made April and later is normally considered the next model year . . . but that is just conjecture. HL would know, give them a call.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
We ordered our new Landmark Feb 1st which came off the factory line early March but then had to go to the paint bay which took another 7-10 days. She finally made it to TN the end of March so to answer your question, it takes about 8-9 weeks from order date. Oh by the way, she is 2015 model.

The 2015's are out now. As far as lead time goes it depends on your dealer. We ordered a 3800 HD on March 19th and will be picking it up on April 21st. If your dealer has one in line to be built for stock they can change the order to your specific needs. We ordered from John at Lakeshore, one of the largest dealers for Heartland. We got lucky they had a 3800 on order that was not sold and the options were changed to what we wanted and only have to wait 30 days. There are other large dealer out there so just check around. We were originally told 60 to 90 day on special order.

Hunter11

Doug, we ordered our Landmark on 3/4 and it was due to hit the assembly line this past Monday 4/7. It is suppose to be a 2015 model.

aRAYwego

I ordered my 2014 key largo on Feb 9. I took delivery of it yesterday Apr 22. Turns out I ordered a 2015 model. Needless to say we are very happy

jayc

Legendary Member
sdnative, what better way to use that new trailer than to come to a rally or two? Check out the events tab and choose the one(s) you want and then take advantage of the free introductory offer for club membership and you're set!

aRAYwego

sdnative, what better way to use that new trailer than to come to a rally or two? Check out the events tab and choose the one(s) you want and then take advantage of the free introductory offer for club membership and you're set!
Hi Jayc, The rallies are definitely on our radar now. I have signed up for the introductory club membership with the intention of upgrading very soon. My status however still shows application submitted. Not sure why and cant even figure out where to find my owners club number. Unfortunately I have also found some problems with my LM KL since bringing it home. The refer wont run off the inverter and is also leaking water from the bottom of the slide. Was really hoping for no issues since everything worked perfectly at the walk through but such is life.

jayc

Legendary Member
HERE is a link to the owner-written manual for your fridge. You might check it out and save yourself a trip back to the dealer.

Good luck and see you at a rally soon.

danemayer

The refer wont run off the inverter and is also leaking water from the bottom of the slide.
Hi SDNative1970,

The Residential Refrigerator Guide Jay mentioned includes some information on what you have to do to run the frig while towing, as well as a diagnostic flowchart to help you figure out what's wrong if there's a problem. There's also a detailed winterizing procedure.

aRAYwego

I understand how to use the refer with the inverter. But after about 30 seconds running the power is lost and the inverter beeps and gives me an error code. Looked up the code and it says possible overload or short and shuts down

danemayer

I understand how to use the refer with the inverter. But after about 30 seconds running the power is lost and the inverter beeps and gives me an error code. Looked up the code and it says possible overload or short and shuts down
Suggest checking voltage at the inverter's GFCI outlet. Also check for loose wires. Use the block diagram and the component layout photo in the User Guide as a reference.

aRAYwego

Just a thought. Do you think its possible that the water leak and inverter issues are related? When I listen under the fridge I can hear a hissing sound like perhaps the 1/4" icemaker line has a pinhole in it. Maybe the line is spraying water on the plug or some other part of the fridges electrical system and causing the short fault? Just a guess. I'm dropping the rv off at the dealer today.

Sorry to hijack this thread. Mods please move it if you wish. Thank you.

James n Sheila

danemayer

Just a thought. Do you think its possible that the water leak and inverter issues are related? When I listen under the fridge I can hear a hissing sound like perhaps the 1/4" icemaker line has a pinhole in it. Maybe the line is spraying water on the plug or some other part of the fridges electrical system and causing the short fault? Just a guess. I'm dropping the rv off at the dealer today.

Sorry to hijack this thread. Mods please move it if you wish. Thank you.

James n Sheila

If there was water in the icemaker supply line and outside temps dropped below freezing there might be leaks.

The inverter output is GFCI though. If it were water shorting the plug, I'd expect the GFCI to trip, requiring a manual reset.