2015 Landmark Newport AC Issues

ClintMo

We bought unit brand new 2/5/15. It has 3 units. The front one quit working and we had a service tech replace it about three months ago. Now the rear has quit. Service tech said my model AC has been discontinued. The new model requires a bracket to allow it to bolt up properly. He called Dometic and the brackets are in production and at least two weeks out. Any advice? We have been waiting on this unit to move for work. The tech already has the new unit. We full time for work so we can't just drop it off and wait. Right now it's costing me additional money in rent (living at the next place for free) and money in the service tech.

It also really bothers me that the new unit doesn't even look like the others. Not even close. I spent 80k on a nice RV and that crap is going to bug me.

Anyone know why they discontinued the other units? This is my second to quit...should Dometic have to replace all of them with the newer model since they clearly have issues?

Old model 541816A711CO
New model H541816AXX1CO

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
Contact the Mfg of the A/C units. Heartland doesn't make them. Also should be under warranty by Mfg for 2 years.

ClintMo

It is under warranty. But they discontinued before having a replacement. I just hung up with Dometic and they said to contact my service tech. While they are telling my service tech the brackets are in "production" but it will be at least two weeks. Sounds like I'm just SOL and Dometic doesn't really give a crap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danemayer

Sounds like Dometic may have discontinued the model that's been giving people multiple failures. Probably a good idea because if you got the same unit as a replacement, and it failed a 2nd time, you'd really be upset.

ClintMo

Then sounds like they should go ahead and replace the other two before I lose my warranty. Either way they should of had their crap together on the new one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk