2016 3875 FB drain for fresh water holding tank

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
There should be drain line with a valve located near your front axle on the off door side.

Peace
Dave

Thanks Dave,
As we are continually hooked up to city water I want to make sure the fresh water tank is empty, or does it even matter if its holding water when not in use?

Terry

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I really doesn't matter if your fresh water tank has water in it or not. I usually have about a half tank of water on board when we are traveling.
If we are going to be somewhere for a while I usually drain the tank and leave the drain valve open.
The reason I leave the valve open is that if there is a failure of the check valve at the pump I will not overflow my tank.

Peace
Dave

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
If you leave some water in the fresh tank for long periods of time. You should put a little bleach in the tank.

farside291

I keep water in my fresh tank and leave the pump turned on to supplement the low pressure from the city water hookup where I park. Nothing worse than being in the shower when the toilet flushes.

I just picked up my 2016 3875FB today and now have it an the site. my Fresh tank is full and the two overflow spouts are spilling water. Trouble is, now that i have switched the selector to "city" water keeps pouring out the overflow valves. i had to shut the water off at the source and switch the selector to "normal" to get it to stop. What an i doing wrong??? i want to use the camps water and not keep running my pump.

danemayer

Hello Highwaydreamer,

If the tank is overfilled, water will run out the overflows for a short while. If it continues indefinitely, the water is either leaking inside the 4-way Anderson Valve, or the check valve inside the water pump is stuck open allowing water to run backwards from the city water connection into the fresh tank.

By switching the valve from CITY to NORMAL, you've essentially shut off the path of city water coming through the valve. Since that stopped the overflow, it suggests that the valve may be ok.

So it's probably the water pump. Water pumps are easy to change out, so if you want to do it yourself, you can ask Heartland to ship you a replacement and you should be able to install it in less than 30 minutes, which includes the time needed to empty the pass through storage area and take down the wall by the UDC.