2016 4200 Cyclone 3 AC question

When talking to Heartland they stated that 2 of the ac's are on same breaker so I believe that your trying to run 2 ac's on a 20 amp breaker.

Talked with Heartland again today they stated that if the switch was removed or altered in any fashion that it could void the warranty. Even if it was done by an electrician or dealer.

danemayer

Talked with Heartland again today they stated that if the switch was removed or altered in any fashion that it could void the warranty. Even if it was done by an electrician or dealer.

Pete,

Here's some language from the 2013 warranty statement that is probably relevant.
• Failure which may be caused by, or related to abuse, misuse, negligence, or accident, failure which may be related
to alteration or modification
, failure as a result of not following instructions contained in the owners manuals. (emphasis added)
The distinction between what you were told and what the warranty says is that the failure must be related to the modification. If the air conditioner fails, but the failure has nothing to do with the modification, there should be no problem. Also note that the warranty makes it clear that no one can alter the written warranty.

If you're concerned, read the warranty in your manual to see exactly what's excluded.

jam20ster

If your concerned then just wait till the 1 year warranty is up then make the modification. Plenty have done it without issues. At least I have yet to read about anybody losing warranty or having dealers refuse warranty work.

I have the cyclone 4150 with 3 ac's. A few days before ib picked up my unit, I addressed this problem with camper world. They said they would make my living room my main ac instead of tyre garage. They charged me around 450 for the change.
Since its so hot here in south texas, i had an electrictian wire a 110 plug to my garage ac. I run it with an extension cord from the other side of the power post. That way i can run all 3 ac's at once. Hope this helps

rhall

Waking up an old thread, Apparently there is less breaker space on the 2016 road warriors, the breakers run horizontal not vertical, and the 2 50 amps are in the center with 3 dual pole breakers on each side, so 6 legs. With mine having a w/d unit and a fire place, they are all filled up. I guess my options would be tie into another breaker, like the living room ac unit to the fire place breaker since they will never be ran at once, or do like justin did and wire a 110 plug to it, but i wouldn't want to lose my breaker power in case I'm running off the generator, which i know you can only run 2 off of. Im definatly re wiring where the br and lr will run at the same time, but i would really like for all 3 to be able to run.

danemayer

Waking up an old thread, Apparently there is less breaker space on the 2016 road warriors, the breakers run horizontal not vertical, and the 2 50 amps are in the center with 3 dual pole breakers on each side, so 6 legs. With mine having a w/d unit and a fire place, they are all filled up. I guess my options would be tie into another breaker, like the living room ac unit to the fire place breaker since they will never be ran at once, or do like justin did and wire a 110 plug to it, but i wouldn't want to lose my breaker power in case I'm running off the generator, which i know you can only run 2 off of. Im definatly re wiring where the br and lr will run at the same time, but i would really like for all 3 to be able to run.
Look for 1/2 width breakers where two 20 amp breakers fit into the space of one. But you may have to do some rearranging of breakers to keep loads balanced. Lowes and Home depot probably carry them. Just find one that fits your box.

rhall

Look for 1/2 width breakers where two 20 amp breakers fit into the space of one. But you may have to do some rearranging of breakers to keep loads balanced. Lowes and Home depot probably carry them. Just find one that fits your box.

The 20 and 15 amp breakers are already half the size of the 50 singles, so I didn't think you could get smaller than tandems. I went to an electrical store and they said that was the smallest tandem made. I'll check the big stores. I understand the load balancing, that's the easy part for me, squeezing more in the box seems like it's gonna be the struggle.

ram_1955

I have a RoadWarrior and I just moved the living room ac wiring to the same break that is for the washer and dryer. We don't have the washer and dryer and don't plan to add at this time. Now I can run all three ACs at once

LBR

We had a bit of luck on our new 2017 CY with 3 airs...all 3 airs are usable at the same time on 50A...no selector switch for 2 of 3 airs on it.

JW4250

I have a RoadWarrior and I just moved the living room ac wiring to the same break that is for the washer and dryer. We don't have the washer and dryer and don't plan to add at this time. Now I can run all three ACs at once

ram1955,

this is exactly what I'm planning on doing but I'm no electrician. Can you explain which of your a/c units always stayed on and how you switched it? My rear a/c in the toy box is always on. Thx.

JW4250

Thanks you've already done more than I got from heartland very frustrated. I noticed that one of the responses was to tie all 3 white wires and all 3 black wires together to by pass the switch will this make 220 volt since your tying both 110v legs together?

I tried doing this. I twisted all three black wires together and then twisted all three white wires together and as soon as I turn on the power, it tripped the breaker outside on the breaker box.

danemayer

We had a bit of luck on our new 2017 CY with 3 airs...all 3 airs are usable at the same time on 50A...no selector switch for 2 of 3 airs on it.
2017 Cyclones come with a Power Control System that manages the overall power consumption. That's why you can run all 3 A/C units and you have no switch, and you didn't have to do any rewiring.

- - - Updated - - -

I tried doing this. I twisted all three black wires together and then twisted all three white wires together and as soon as I turn on the power, it tripped the breaker outside on the breaker box.
this is exactly what I'm planning on doing but I'm no electrician. Can you explain which of your a/c units always stayed on and how you switched it? My rear a/c in the toy box is always on. Thx.

Modifications such as you're attempting can be dangerous. It's time to call a licensed electrician.