2016 Bighorn sliding window thumb latch

Brireey1600

I need to replace the two thumb latches that raise the two sliding windows on the slide of the 2016 Bighorn. The plastic tabs that’s hold the window open have broken off. Do you have to remove the window to do this? All the other windows are frameless and crank out.
Thanks

Piperflyer

Are you sure the latches have broken off? The rubber gasket the window slides in shrinks over time and covers the slots the latch goes in, so the thumb latch won't catch in the slot to keep the window open..

Brireey1600

Are you sure the latches have broken off? The rubber gasket the window slides in shrinks over time and covers the slots the latch goes in, so the thumb latch won't catch in the slot to keep the window open..

The protruding ends on the spring loaded thumb latches that fit into the slots on the window frame to hold the windo in the open position are broken off. They are only plastic.

Lloydg

Hi Brireey. Just replying to this rather old post because I have the same thing on my 2017 Big Country. What did you ever conclude regarding your broken latches? Would like to know so I can fix mine. Thanks!

BigFry

Was anyone able to determine how to replace these broken window latches? I realize this is an older post. The latches are plastic so I am sure others have had them fail. The part appears to be RM08407 but I haven't been able to completely confirm this. I have not been able to find any instructions on replacement and wonder if the entire window has to be removed to access the window glass itself since the latch fits in a groove in the window. I have contacted Lippert and hoping for a response.

Attachments

• RM08407 Window Latch.JPG
    RM08407 Window Latch.JPG
    15.7 KB · Views: 9

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I'm thinking you have Kinro windows.
Check here for parts.

Peace
Dave