2016 Heartland Sundance XLT 281DB Battery Disconnect - Blank location on control panel

ckwall

Hello, last week, I purchased a new 2016 Heartland Sundance XLT 281DB TT. I didn't think much of it at the time I picked it up, but am thinking about it now. There is a spot on the control panel where all of my switches are, inside the cab, for a battery disconnect. But one is not installed. Does anyone know if the wires are already in place behind the panel to do this? Or would I have to run the wire to complete the installation of a disconnect?

Thank you in advance

jimtoo

Hi ckwall,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I would think that if a batter disconnect switch is installed it would be very close to the battery. I'm sure some of our other members will jump in soon with some info for you.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum and your new unit.

Jim M

ckwall

Here is a picture of the panel. The position is in the top right corner:
i9lgx282h

Bogie

I tend to agree with jimtoo, too (LOL) that a battery disconnect would likely be very near the battery. You may want to check out the Heartland Owners Manuals under the TOOLS tab above for some base electrical diagrams. On my Sundance 5th wheel, the disconnect is within one foot of the battery.

P.S. Your picture didn't post, so you may want to try to attache it again.