2016 - Las Vegas Rally - Discussion Thread

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
LAS VEGAS Motor Speedway here I come! Just signed up for the “American Muscle Car” challenge.

CARS: 2013 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 (580HP), 2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8 392 (Hellcat-707HP) and my dream car a 2013 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 (manual tranny & 662HP) or GT350 (if you want to drive an automatic & 624HP).

There are four challenges, including acceleration, braking efficiency, cornering capability and top speed. Each is designed to demonstrate the specific performance characteristics of these awesome cars. There are also props designed to measure performance and enhance the experience, including an F1-style starting line, radar displays showing my speed, digital time displays to show elapsed time, a braking module light trigger, braking distance markers and module identifiers. Can’t wait!

Check it out at: http://www.drivepetty.com/experiences/american-muscle-car-challenge

Which day did you sign up for? Sounds like fun.................

That sounds incredible!! What day did you book?

Rod

RoadJunkie

Re: UPDATE: 2016 - Las Vegas Rally

The web site at drivepetty indicates they have "Group Events", but sounds like 10 is the minimum number of participants. I often see cars buzzing on the track when I drive by on the way to Vegas. Looks/sounds impressive.

rjr6150

I'll call and see about setting up a group for same day time as Bob. If everyone agrees for 10/9 at 9am.

Correction 10/5 at 9am **** fat fingers

For20hunter

Kelly and I are scheduled for 0900 on the 5th!! Gonna be a blast!!

Rod

- - - Updated - - -

You meant 10/5 at 0900 correct?

Rod
I'll call and see about setting up a group for same day time as Bob. If everyone agrees for 10/9 at 9am.

Last edited:

rjr6150

Just got off the phone with their marketing group. They are going to set us up as a group which I named Heartland Rally Group. It's set for 10/5 at 9am to match up with Rod. Once have final details will post back with the information.

Rod hope you don't mind us crashing your party.

shelsay

Randy--

Definitely put my name and Steve Wade's on the list for the group event. Really looking forward to this.

Dave

For20hunter

Randy,

Did you let them know that I was with the Heartland Group? Also Carlos Benavidez (moses) is going too. Do I need to call them back and let them know that I am with the group? And don't forget Bob Fornell who was the first in the group to make the reservation and the one who discovered it and let us all know about it.

Rod

Just got off the phone with their marketing group. They are going to set us up as a group which I named Heartland Rally Group. It's set for 10/5 at 9am to match up with Rod. Once have final details will post back with the information.

Gaffer

Anyone else interested in a golf cart? I checked into the suggested vendor and they wanted $300 for the week. Plus $150 for delivery. For the $150 they can bring 4 carts but you have to find others to share that cost on your own. There has to be a better way. This is more than twice the cost for the carts at the upcoming Colorado rally.

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
Anyone else interested in a golf cart? I checked into the suggested vendor and they wanted $300 for the week. Plus $150 for delivery. For the $150 they can bring 4 carts but you have to find others to share that cost on your own. There has to be a better way. This is more than twice the cost for the carts at the upcoming Colorado rally.

Assuming Tucker is with us we will be getting one of thier carts with a utility box. He doesn't get around as well as he used to but he will still want to visit. The box should make a nice throne for him.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Assuming Tucker is with us we will be getting one of thier carts with a utility box. He doesn't get around as well as he used to but he will still want to visit. The box should make a nice throne for him.

Looking forward to seeing all three of you! Trace

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh

I am interested in this!