2016 - Las Vegas Rally - Discussion Thread

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Cathy won't let me drive any more fast cars . . .

Our insurance rates already reflect that fact!

rfournelle

Canada-East Region Directors-Retired
Just got off the phone with their marketing group. They are going to set us up as a group which I named Heartland Rally Group. It's set for 10/5 at 9am to match up with Rod. Once have final details will post back with the information.

Rod hope you don't mind us crashing your party.

Thanks Randy for setting this up as the Heartland Owners group. Let us know if those ones that are registered already, need to get back to the American Muscle Car Challenge to let them know we're part of the group.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Haven't read through the entire thread, but what is the cost of this racing venture? Trace

TheWade2

Don't forget me and Dave Hole for 9am on the 5th! I've done this type of event a few times and it's a total blast! Dave and I are ready! Let's go racing........

dwpkdavis

Thanks Randy for setting this up as the Heartland Owners group. Let us know if those ones that are registered already, need to get back to the American Muscle Car Challenge to let them know we're part of the group.

Is any update from the marketing group?

rjr6150

For those members interested in the muscle car challenge. Spoke with Karl their event coordinator earlier this morning. At this time it appears this event may be changing. The current format doesn't have the demand they expected. The current thought is to move the challenge over to the big oval track Las Vegas Speedway. As to the type of events and pricing they are working on it and will have something firmed up in 60-90 days.

Since we will be paying individually he will supply me with a promo code number to use when calling in for reservations. We will receive some type of discount for our group once they have everything firmed up.

tshiflett

Howdy all,
we want to register for the event, but when I called the 800 number I was told that I needed a site number first. How do I get a site number and from who? Or, are the sites already filled up?

Thanks,
Richard

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
As of now all sites are taken.
You must register through the rally registration page.
You can follow this link, fill out the registration and you will be put on the wait list. [LINK]
If there is a cancellation people will be notified in the order of sign up.

Peace
Dave

tshiflett

Dave,
are there any registration slots available if we choose to stay at a different RV park? Or, are all the registration completely booked?
Thank you,
Richard

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
There are no slots available.
Even if you stay somewhere else there is only a limited amount of space for the activities.
That limited amount is filled up.
At this point the only thing you can do is fill out the registration and get on the wait (standby) list. It does work.

Peace
Dave

Gaffer

We stayed at the Oasis on our way south last year and really enjoyed the large fenced dog park for "Beau". It is located just outside the front gates and instead of driving in the truck, we thought it might be nicer to have a golf cart! Then do some visiting along the way...So, if we hear from more people maybe we'll organize something with a golf cart vendor.:)

PJ & Karol

Last edited:

Mburtsvt

So let me get this straight-The Heartland National Rally is Oct 6th 2016 to Oct 9th, 2016 and the following Saturday, (Oct 15th), Jimmy Buffett is at the MGM Grand!

My life is just that good.

Tickets and reservations all made. Staying the extra week as Oasis.

Fins up all.

Marcs

Marcs #3167, I would love to get my name in for the Las Vegas Rally. Not sure if we're doing this right. We are new at this and just got going, and want to get with this group.
re

jimtoo

Marcs #3167, I would love to get my name in for the Las Vegas Rally. Not sure if we're doing this right. We are new at this and just got going, and want to get with this group.
re

Marcs, read post #1 of this thread by cookie. The rally is full, but they do have a waiting list signup area. So if someone cancels the next person will get notified and can attend.

Jim M

Gaffer

You may not get into the National in Las Vegas but there are other options for your first rally. Try this one in Utah just before the national. There is only one listed for standby:https://heartlandowners.org/showthr...le-9-27-2016-to-10-2-2016?p=425134#post425134
Or this one in Colorado:https://heartlandowners.org/showthr...gs-9-15-2016-to-9-18-2016?p=436907#post436907
Or this one also in Colorado:https://heartlandowners.org/showthr...os-9-14-2017-to-9-17-2017?p=473009#post473009
See the threads for details.
re