2016 - Las Vegas Rally - Discussion Thread

Possum51

Pat and I want to throw our name out there as someone who will be attending the National Rally in Vegas! Hopefully, I will be able to navigate the registration process better than I did last year!

Grampafish

Washington Chapter Leaders-Retired
Pat and I want to throw our name out there as someone who will be attending the National Rally in Vegas! Hopefully, I will be able to navigate the registration process better than I did last year!

Pat and Elaine, it will be good to see you guys again! Hope we all can make it.

"Wheel by wheel is a ton better than just driving across the cat scales". WHY.... Confused on the scale thing, so you weigh your rig and its over so you run out and buy a new 70,000 dollar truck, or sell your trailer and buy a smaller one. Most people overload there tow vehicle anyways. Its not like your going to slide your fifth wheel or your tandem's to make adjustments. If your scared run across the Cat Scales and call it a day. Do they charge for this wheel by wheel weight thing$

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
"Wheel by wheel is a ton better than just driving across the cat scales". WHY.... Confused on the scale thing, so you weigh your rig and its over so you run out and buy a new 70,000 dollar truck, or sell your trailer and buy a smaller one. Most people overload there tow vehicle anyways. Its not like your going to slide your fifth wheel or your tandem's to make adjustments. If your scared run across the Cat Scales and call it a day. Do they charge for this wheel by wheel weight thing$

Yes...there is a charge for weighing service. Weighing each wheel allows you to know how the weight is distributed in the fifth wheel...giving you the ability to adjust how you've loaded, and yes, make adjustments if necessary.

jbeletti

UPDATE: 2016 - Las Vegas Rally

I have a general update for this rally.

1. Contract has been executed
2. Deposit has been paid
3. Sites count has been increased to 150

Floyd and I worked all day at Oasis nailing a lot of detailed stuff down. We'll spend most of tomorrow on catering, pre-rally tours etc.

The big take away is, 150 sites!! That's 25 more than 125 :)

We will be placing around a third of our tables outdoors and two-thirds indoor. We'll have the doors open between the two areas. The food buffet "may" be outdoors. There is lighting outdoors and we plan to add sound outdoors as well. Not really conducive for any outdoor screens though.

The first week of October should be pretty nice in the evening, so I'd expect that many will want to sit outdoors.

By not having to use Oasis for primary rally camping only, but now being able to have the entire rally there - this is a big win.

lindaw

Florida Chapter Leader - Retired
Re: UPDATE: 2016 - Las Vegas Rally

Yeah can't wait,should be a lot of fun.
Linda

olcoon

Sounds like you guys are making some good positive progress!

Dan & Sally Sullivan

Jim & Floyd,
Great job on getting the extra spaces. We are looking forward to this National rally, because it will be several years before we are able to attend An East Coast National Rally.

Sally & Dan Sullivan

Thenomads

Great news! Sounds like Jim and Floyd are getting it all taken care of! So glad to hear there will be another 25 sites! It is going to be a great Rally at a great location...fun, fun, fun! Followed by another great Rally in Jackson, Ca. Looking forward to seeing all of our Heartland friends and meeting a bunch more! See everybody in October. (If not sooner:))

aRAYwego

Great job Jim and Floyd! Sounds like the work you put in with Oasis is paying off. Jim I got your business card you left at my trailer. Sorry we couldn't meet up, our work schedules have been ridiculous lately. If there is anything Sheila and I can do, please ask.

jbeletti

Great job Jim and Floyd! Sounds like the work you put in with Oasis is paying off. Jim I got your business card you left at my trailer. Sorry we couldn't meet up, our work schedules have been ridiculous lately. If there is anything Sheila and I can do, please ask.

I figured you were at work but thought I'd knock anyway. Floyd and I drove every single site that day, comparing Oasis' site notes with what we were seeing. We made a few exception notes. It will all be time well spent when it comes time for registration. Thank you for the offer to lend a hand. I just may call upon you if I need someone to take a quick look at something at Oasis.