2017 - Goshen Rally - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MCTalley

Directions from Fort Wayne area?
Looks to me like going US33 to IN13 to IN4 or maybe County Road(?)34 would be better than going through downtown Goshen.
I remember a rough railroad crossing on US33 in Goshen.
Comments?

We came right up into Goshen on US 33. We took a chance and turned onto Monroe (the one with construction). They've paved back over the lane they dug up and it is no longer very narrow. While the westbound lane is still blocked at the tracks (leaving the fairgrounds), coming in that way is no problem at all.

Monroe St. is the only tracks you would cross. It is now a fairly smooth crossing.

Dawnnira

New Jersey Chapter Leaders-Retired
Some kind of hanging rotating rope light whatchamacallit

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

olcoon

We came right up into Goshen on US 33. We took a chance and turned onto Monroe (the one with construction). They've paved back over the lane they dug up and it is no longer very narrow. While the westbound lane is still blocked at the tracks (leaving the fairgrounds), coming in that way is no problem at all.

Monroe St. is the only tracks you would cross. It is now a fairly smooth crossing.

That's good news, I was just sitting here trying to decide which way to get there. Thanks Malcom!

danemayer

They've moved most of the barrels and navigating westbound from 33 to the fairgrounds is much easier now. From the way it looks it's possible they could get the road opened in both directions in the next few days.

danemayer

Looks like the fairground WiFi signal strength dropped off a cliff this evening. Can barely get a connection any longer and the internet connection is almost unusable. It doesn't appear to be a bandwidth (number of users) problem. It's like the power of the access points got turned way down. Or maybe something is interfering with the signal.

I've had to switch us over to our Verizon MiFi.

jbeletti

Looks like the fairground WiFi signal strength dropped off a cliff this evening. Can barely get a connection any longer and the internet connection is almost unusable. It doesn't appear to be a bandwidth (number of users) problem. It's like the power of the access points got turned way down. Or maybe something is interfering with the signal.

I'm doing okay, 40 minutes later and a few sites away with a 12 ms ping and 4 mbps download. I might have a slight advantage with my setup by being able to choose a specific access point and having an external antenna.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired

It's not me! I'm using my own hotspot.
Sadly, I have two large projects due (aka w*rk) this week, so I may be a little scarce.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired

We did the same, it was definitely manageable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danemayer

It's a bracket to hold the video camera in front of the stage. There's a transmitter sending to a receiver at the other end of the hall that's connected to a projector. So people far away from the stage can still see what's going on.

2017-06-05 14.53.14.jpg
2017-06-05 14.51.30.jpg
2017-06-05 11.42.43.jpg
2017-06-03 11.05.02.jpg

jbeletti

It's a bracket to hold the video camera in front of the stage. There's a transmitter sending to a receiver at the other end of the hall that's connected to a projector. So people far away from the stage can still see what's going on.
Great work Tech Team!

Bones

I still think you should add the disco ball. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.