2017 - Goshen Rally - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

szewczyk_john

I remember an issue with the displayed diesel prices in Indiana but I can not remember what it is. Does any one else remember? I think they post the pre tax price but then you pay more if not exempt, maybe?

Last edited:

danemayer

I remember an issue with the displayed diesel prices in Indiana but I can not remember what it is. Does any one else remember? I think the post the pre tax price but then you pay more if not exempt, maybe?
You're remembering correctly John. I haven't noticed it so much this year. The Speedway on 33 south of the fairgrounds was at a real $2.30 for diesel the other day.

Another thing that's popping up is the tiny word "cash" under the price. If you use your credit card, the price can be 3-7 cents higher. Also saw that in Michigan last fall.

szewczyk_john

$2.30 ? Boy I am glad that I got that extra 36 gallon combo box installed that I bought. Diesel is between 2.90 and 3.00 in Pittsburgh. I had a little luck for the past 2 months as a small little gas station was forced to redo their tanks due to a leak on the gasoline tank. The owner decided it was time to do all new tanks and to repave the lot. He had to empty the diesel tank so I was "only" paying him $2.49 a gallon but the tank went empty last week.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
$2.30 ? Boy I am glad that I got that extra 36 gallon combo box installed that I bought. Diesel is between 2.90 and 3.00 in Pittsburgh. I had a little luck for the past 2 months as a small little gas station was forced to redo their tanks due to a leak on the gasoline tank. The owner decided it was time to do all new tanks and to repave the lot. He had to empty the diesel tank so I was "only" paying him $2.49 a gallon but the tank went empty last week.

John, you should know by now Pennsylvania has some of the highest priced fuel in the country. Bet you filled up in VA when you were at the races. I no longer fill up before leaving on an out of state trip as fuel prices drop as soon as I cross into any neighboring state. Like my aux tank too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

olcoon

Guess we are pretty lucky in Kansas City, MO. I paid $2,09 for diesel before we left. Almost feel like I'm being robbed paying these prices.

SHerrick

John, you should know by now Pennsylvania has some of the highest priced fuel in the country. Bet you filled up in VA when you were at the races. I no longer fill up before leaving on an out of state trip as fuel prices drop as soon as I cross into any neighboring state. Like my aux tank too

Your aux tank... we have a standard size deep box in the bed of our truck. It sticks up about 4 inches. Your tank about the same size and how is it connected to your fuel tank?

szewczyk_john

SHerrick - I sent you a PM.

I was going to go to Dually Depot and buy a bigger tank during this rally but I stumbled into a used combo box that I could not pass up. I had to make some modifications to the box, added a pump, and an electronic valve but I only have about $250.00 into this tank. So it will end up paying for itself in little time.

SHerrick

SHerrick - I sent you a PM.

I was going to go to Dually Depot and buy a bigger tank during this rally but I stumbled into a used combo box that I could not pass up. I had to make some modifications to the box, added a pump, and an electronic valve but I only have about $250.00 into this tank. So it will end up paying for itself in little time.

Thank you, sir. Where is Dually Depot and (to Jim) is anybody going to be selling these at the rally?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

danemayer

Thank you, sir. Where is Dually Depot and (to Jim) is anybody going to be selling these at the rally?

Dually Depot
2830 Dexter Dr.
Elkhart, IN 46514

574-266-9151

They're across the street from Heartland HQ.

chasdvorak

YOLO!!! (You Only Live Once)...we thought we'd sit this rally out but just couldn't. Unlike the stock market, prior rally performance IS an indicator of future returns. Looking forward to good times, seeing old friends and making new ones.

Safe Travels,
Chuck and Reggie Dvorak

jbeletti

Scott - Classy Chassis will be here and carries the ATTA brand tanks. They'll likely have some tanks to show but can get you other configurations. They do their installs in Valparaiso, IN at their shop.

Bones

Scott - Classy Chassis will be here and carries the ATTA brand tanks. They'll likely have some tanks to show but can get you other configurations. They do their installs in Valparaiso, IN at their shop.
Do they make custom tanks?

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
During the national Rally, they usually put an oval sticker on the front cap and I believe there is usually one in the rally bag. Is that true again this year. Looking to add to my collection.

jbeletti

Re: 2017 - Goshen Rally - Discussion Thread - Agenda Error

I found an error in the "printed" rally agenda in your rally bags. I transposed the entertainment between Thursday and Saturday evenings.

To confirm - Thursday evening will be Chicago Tribute Anthology and Saturday will be Timing's Everything.

Here's a link to the Entertainment Guide. It is accurate :)

Status
Not open for further replies.