2017 - Goshen Rally - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MCTalley

We had a pretty good crowd at the Draft Horse camping area watching the harness racing on the track. It was interesting to find out that all the horses and jockeys are Amish or Mennonite. They'll be racing tomorrow afternoon starting at 2:00 PM. Swing by the Draft Horse camping area adjacent to the track and watch for a bit. (Or, you can sit in the grandstands).

IMG_1260-L.jpg

IMG_1265-L.jpg

IMG_1310-L.jpg

IMG_1319-L.jpg

IMG_1439-L.jpg

clubmgr

Heartland Owners Club Manager
Staff member
We had a pretty good crowd at the Draft Horse camping area watching the harness racing on the track. It was interesting to find out that all the horses and jockeys are Amish or Mennonite. They'll be racing tomorrow afternoon starting at 2:00 PM. Swing by the Draft Horse camping area adjacent to the track and watch for a bit. (Or, you can sit in the grandstands).

Super pics!!!!

pegmikef

Those pictures are really great Malcolm. They are much better than the real thing I watched all the races and these are the best view I saw especially the one with the Heartland rigs in it.

Thank you Jim and your entire crew for another great rally.
My wife came up will a saying that would be great as a shirt slogan, "We put the Heart in Heartland".
Thanks to everyone, and safe travels to all, until we meet again.

Hockster

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
What a great rally. We had whole bunches of fun. Met a lot of new friends and continued a bunch of "old" friendships. Thanks to Jim, Julie and the whole Rally staff for putting together a fantastic Rally. Can't wait to do it again in 2019.

Safe travels to everyone as you head out. See you down the road.

RDsStudio59

Thank you Jim, Julie and a multitude of volunteers. And thank you to Heartland for sponsoring such a great event. From the moment we arrived at the gate of our first ever rally, to be met by Kevin and Nelly, we
knew we were in for a great time. Thank you one and all. Can't wait until 2019.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

pegmikef

What a great rally. We had whole bunches of fun. Met a lot of new friends and continued a bunch of "old" friendships. Thanks to Jim, Julie and the whole Rally staff for putting together a fantastic Rally. Can't wait to do it again in 2019.

Safe travels to everyone as you head out. See you down the road.

It will be hard to add to what Keith already said, but Peggy and I wanted to add our thanks to Jim, Kevin and all the other folks that orchestrated this rally. It was really great and from our (attendees') perspective, everything was flawless which really demonstrates the thorough planning and execution that took place.

This is our third National Rally in a row and I think they just keep getting better!

Be safe everyone!

happykraut

Thanks to all that had anything to do with making this rally happen. You guys did a great job. Also a big thank you to Heartland for the great service you provided. Your service team did an excellent job. It was truly a great rally.

Dennyha

I couldn't agree more with the previous posts. This was our first rally ever, and it was awesome! We had a great time, and learned a lot. I was also very impressed with the Heartland, Lippert, and Dometic techs.

rfournelle

Canada-East Region Directors-Retired
A huge "thank you" to Ann & Dan Mayer for setting up the dog park at the Elkhart fairgrounds for our 4 legged companions! The off-leash area was a blessing for those of us with larger dogs who needed a place to run. The area was totally fenced in, water dishes and pick-up bags provided by the Mayer's at their expense.

From everyone who took advantage of the wonderful play area, it was truly appreciated!

Our border collie, Logan, loves his Colorado Callie and the wonderful new friends he made!
smile.png

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Rowdy had a good time when the little grey whippet came in, Kaydee not she much but she is usually not enthused about much. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ann_Mayer

A huge "thank you" to Ann & Dan Mayer for setting up the dog park at the Elkhart fairgrounds for our 4 legged companions! The off-leash area was a blessing for those of us with larger dogs who needed a place to run. The area was totally fenced in, water dishes and pick-up bags provided by the Mayer's at their expense.

From everyone who took advantage of the wonderful play area, it was truly appreciated!

Our border collie, Logan, loves his Colorado Callie and the wonderful new friends he made!
smile.png

My pleasure! It was great fun watching our fur babies interact, chase frisbees and run run run. I've started a "Dog Park Ideas" list for future rallies. Would love to hear ideas from other pet owners. When possible, this is a wonderful addition to our rallies.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired

smile.png

A big THANK YOU for the dog park. Lexi loved it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KrazyKampers

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-Retired
Thanks for a great rally! As first timers, we enjoyed meeting new people and touring the factory! Hope everyone had safe travels to their next destination.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

chasdvorak

Many thanks to Jim, Julie and Team HOC for another awesome rally. We had a great time meeting new friends and catching up with our pals. I shot a birds eve view of the park during the rally and have posted it on Vimeo with a password. I will make it a public video next week unless there are any concerns (the video contains royalty free music). See if you can spot your rig in a sea of Heartland RV's. Here is the link and password:

https://vimeo.com/222935970

Password: BigHorn3580
PS....click on the word Vimeo in the player to get a full screen version.

Huge thanks to all the hard work that went into another very successfully rally,

Chuck and Reggie

- - - Updated - - -

Status
Not open for further replies.