2017 - Goshen Rally - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I think that having a driving class would be great. I took one in California in 2006. Dick's RV Driving School. They also showed me how to back my trailer while my wife sat behind the wheel..

Now being single I was wondering if I could get a driving school to teach Trevor to set in the drivers seat while I do the directing. :cool:

For real, it is very helpful and a great way to back your rig. I have posted some of the instructions in previous threads and a video of a guy at Driftwood in Rockport directing me into a very tight site. It really works..

FWIW
BC

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
It could be so Duane. Passport America has a rally starting Monday June 19th and public camping will be limited.
On Monday we will be the public.

Peace
Dave

bighornby

Ontario Chapter Leaders
hello jim. hope all is going well. i want to ask if bill siler who was a vendor at goshen in 2015 come back this year? he does the ironworks and was the man who did my firepit ring. let me know at your convienence. thanks.

jbeletti

hello jim. hope all is going well. i want to ask if bill siler who was a vendor at goshen in 2015 come back this year? he does the ironworks and was the man who did my firepit ring. let me know at your convienence. thanks.

Hi Mike - I'm happy to reach out to him with a link to our vendor application but you recall how difficult it was to get him to commit in 2015.

On edit: Invitation emailed to Bill

bighornby

Ontario Chapter Leaders
Hi Mike - I'm happy to reach out to him with a link to our vendor application but you recall how difficult it was to get him to commit in 2015.

On edit: Invitation emailed to Bill
....Thanks jim. i will contact him to reply to your invite asap. i do remember he was laxed in confirming. hopefully he wont be this time.

jbeletti

Duane -I spoke to the venue and they felt it best for anyone wishing to stay longer than Sunday noon to contact them directly (574-533-3247). She told me that the PPA rally has all the FHU sites and their "plan" is to sell them out.

Dawnnira

New Jersey Chapter Leaders-Retired
Yeah he got it done after I asked him about it. Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Greeting from Jersey! Hope you guys are doing well. We had Rons crew put the disc brake package on this past September when they came through New Jersey....game changer. See you at the next rally

-Ira

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Greeting from Jersey! Hope you guys are doing well. We had Rons crew put the disc brake package on this past September when they came through New Jersey....game changer. See you at the next rally

-Ira

We are good Ira. Still in the talking phase about this upgrade but I want it. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
Had Ron and his installer do mine about 3 weeks after the Vegas rally. They came to my house and installed the brakes while my rig was parked in front of my house. They did a great job and cleaned up their work area after they got finished.
The best upgrade I've done to my 2016 Big Horn and would recommend having this done.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

iforget

New Jersey Chapter Leader-retired
Over years, the "Heartland Gives Back" has benefited so many groups. Is there a collective list of these groups? If so,
it would be nice to see a list of these included during Goshen. Just thinking out loud...

PALTeam

Past Indiana Chapter Leaders
We plan on attending the 2017 Goshen raiiy and don't especially like to travel I-80 south of Chicago has anyone traveled on highway 30 south of I-80 from New Lenox ill to Goshen and what can you expect on that highway?

I see no one else has responded, so I'll give you my two cents worth.

I live in Ft Wayne, IN, and have traveled west by several routes many times in the last 30 years. I haven't been on US 30 west of Schererville, IN for years, because after one time (probably 25 years ago, and I wasn't towing) I swore I'd never do it again unless absolutely necessary. US 30 from Ft Wayne to Schererville is not too bad, but west of there is, as I remember it, nothing but lots and lots of stop lights and slow traffic. Like I said, that was probably 25 years ago, I can't imagine it being any better.

Personally speaking, I'd try to pick a non rush hour time to try and sneak through Chicago. Then bite the toll road bullet and take I80 to I 94, get off at US 20, take it around South Bend and Elkhart to US 33, into Goshen and right past the fairgrounds.

If you want to avoid some of the toll and take a more scenic route, get off I 80 at IN 49 (Valparaiso) South to US 6, then east to IN 15 and up to Goshen.

Hope this helps and isn't TMI :)

Lyle

Kbvols

I agree with Lyle toll road is best bet. Stop lights and traffic on 30 from Valpo to Schererville are a pain in my opinion.

Take 20 off toll road to 15 vs 33. 20 is now 4 lane all the way to 15 and you will avoid traffic and lights on 33.

Status
Not open for further replies.