2017 - Goshen Rally - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
Jim - I'm confident that I will succeed in getting Lippert to provide some rally specials. However, the item you requested is not likely to have enough mass-appeal to make the specials. I suggest you obtain part numbers and pricing and share this with me privately and I'm happy to ask about it.

Will do JB.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Hey Jim while we are asking of you, will Ron and his guys be around to do disk brakes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

porthole

Retired
Are you going to put them on your new rig??
HewasaskingthequestionyouarethinkingJamie

He was asking the question you were thinking Jamie - have you told Ginger yet?

- - - Updated - - -

Jim - I'm confident that I will succeed in getting Lippert to provide some rally specials. However, the item you requested is not likely to have enough mass-appeal to make the specials. I suggest you obtain part numbers and pricing and share this with me privately and I'm happy to ask about it.

Jim,FWIIW,atthelastrall

Jim, FWIIW, at the last rally EVERYTHING in the Lippert catalog was discounted, most people just didn't know that. In fact, I don't think most of the Lippert people knew.

There was an excel spreadsheet at the rally with every item they carry broken down into availability, cost, dealer cost, retail and rally price

jbeletti

Jim, FWIIW, at the last rally EVERYTHING in the Lippert catalog was discounted, most people just didn't know that. In fact, I don't think most of the Lippert people knew.

There was an excel spreadsheet at the rally with every item they carry broken down into availability, cost, dealer cost, retail and rally price

Wow - I did not know this. Good to know and as we get closer, I can ask Lippert if this will be the case in Goshen so we can advise members of same.

mbesanceney

New York Chapter Leaders-Retired
I'm just throwing this out there I know you are all well experience in this rally but what is the alacart cost for the venues. Is there a list out to pick and choose from yet and most importantly do we need to pay for them at time of booking? Also at time of booking is the entire of cost of the camping portion due? Still many questions I know some of you have answered but I also forgotten too (sucks getting old lol)

jbeletti

I'm just throwing this out there I know you are all well experience in this rally but what is the alacart cost for the venues. Is there a list out to pick and choose from yet and most importantly do we need to pay for them at time of booking? Also at time of booking is the entire of cost of the camping portion due? Still many questions I know some of you have answered but I also forgotten too (sucks getting old lol)

For this rally, there will be a single time of registration. During that registration, you will choose what area of the venue you wish to camp in, what date you wish to arrive, whether you want to rent a golf cart and starting what day, what if any pre-rally activities/tours you want to take part in etc.

During the registration process, you will be informed of all options and costs. At the end of the registration process, you will see a summary of costs and you will make your payment via credit card.

Rally camping costs are included (5 nights) in your base rally fee. Pre-rally camping will be charged and paid during the registration process as well. We are charging $25 per night for pre-rally nights.

Registration is planned to open on March 1st. Hope this helps

szewczyk_john

I had to cancel the disk brake upgrade in October due to a foundation wall issue in the house that drained all that money. I told Ron that I would have it done at Goshen if he is going.

I once again ask if an invite can be sent to Onan for a discussion on their products, troubleshooting and/or repairs. I have seen the number of issues and complaints on the raise on the forum so I again think this would be a well attended seminar for those with that option.

KrazyKampers

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-Retired
For this rally, there will be a single time of registration. During that registration, you will choose what area of the venue you wish to camp in, what date you wish to arrive, whether you want to rent a golf cart and starting what day, what if any pre-rally activities/tours you want to take part in etc.

During the registration process, you will be informed of all options and costs. At the end of the registration process, you will see a summary of costs and you will make your payment via credit card.

Rally camping costs are included (5 nights) in your base rally fee. Pre-rally camping will be charged and paid during the registration process as well. We are charging $25 per night for pre-rally nights.

Registration is planned to open on March 1st. Hope this helps

Will the registration information come out before March 1 so we have time to review? This is our first Goshen Rally and I would like to take some time to look at the registration documents before registering.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jbeletti

Will the registration information come out before March 1 so we have time to review? This is our first Goshen Rally and I would like to take some time to look at the registration documents before registering.

Yes! Several things are happening...

1. Weekly, I create a new rally topic article on the Rally Website (link)
2. Weekly, I create a new rally topic thread in the rally forum (link)
3. Sometime in February, all Club Members of record will be sent an email with rally registration details (date, time and URL)

And anytime you wish, please post your questions about this rally hear in this thread and they will be answered :)

jbeletti

...I once again ask if an invite can be sent to Onan for a discussion on their products, troubleshooting and/or repairs. I have seen the number of issues and complaints on the raise on the forum so I again think this would be a well attended seminar for those with that option.

Great idea. I think Duane has asked for this before too. I will work on this!

jassson007

Great idea. I think Duane has asked for this before too. I will work on this!

Hey Jim did you see my request about the disk break guy that got lost in all the other posts?

jbeletti

Hey Jim while we are asking of you, will Ron and his guys be around to do disk brakes?

MORryde is usually who I partner with at the Goshen rally to offer disc brakes. I don't like to do much duplication in vending as it fractionalizes the business and makes it less attractive for vendors to join us.

Let me think about this one.

porthole

Retired
MORryde is usually who I partner with at the Goshen rally to offer disc brakes. I don't like to do much duplication in vending as it fractionalizes the business and makes it less attractive for vendors to join us.

Let me think about this one.

Personal perspective, at least towards this vendor (and my words had spacing with no extra input - go figure)

One vendor mentioned frequently on the forum is mobile and travels to many rallies offering his service, potentially a large customer base.
One vendor on the forum only works on their facility's property and has treated members very well, pre, during and post sale, and a limited customer base.

Although I believe in competition breeds success and is good for the consumer, diluting the one vendor's services may entice them to not offer as enticing sales on the rest of their non competing products.

When you think about it, MOR/ryde has a unique product that has no competition for the most part, yet they still charge a fair price for the work.

Anyone that has had IS installed can certainly see the value for the monies spent when you see the amount of custom fabricated steel and the amount of work that goes into the installation.

Price wise, IS versus disc brakes seems very lopsided. If MOR/ryde was the manufacturers of the disc brake items they install, the cost would probably be half.

jassson007

Personal perspective, at least towards this vendor (and my words had spacing with no extra input - go figure)

One vendor mentioned frequently on the forum is mobile and travels to many rallies offering his service, potentially a large customer base.
One vendor on the forum only works on their facility's property and has treated members very well, pre, during and post sale, and a limited customer base.

Although I believe in competition breeds success and is good for the consumer, diluting the one vendor's services may entice them to not offer as enticing sales on the rest of their non competing products.

When you think about it, MOR/ryde has a unique product that has no competition for the most part, yet they still charge a fair price for the work.

Anyone that has had IS installed can certainly see the value for the monies spent when you see the amount of custom fabricated steel and the amount of work that goes into the installation.

Price wise, IS versus disc brakes seems very lopsided. If MOR/ryde was the manufacturers of the disc brake items they install, the cost would probably be half.

Not trying to start a fight here over this but here are my thoughts as well...

Ron has been to a lot of rallies and I think may have supported our regional rallies but I am not sure. I do like the IS product by mor/ryde but do not plan on putting it on this rig, it will go on our next one when we do decide to upgrade. I have heard better things about Ron's product more times than the other. Also I do not want to have to pick up and move once I get to goshen to have something done when there is someone out there that can come to me and do the same job. Oh well I was just asking Jim, if it is a problem I will try to track him down somewhere else, I know he will not be at my rally as one of his reps is coming instead.

jbeletti

I feel the same way Duane, so am conflicted. I am talking with both Ron and Gary and will make my decision soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.