2017 - Goshen Rally - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kbvols

The Ohio rally is on our list. Just need to wait and see what the rest of our schedule looks like. Looks like an awesome place to visit.

Ohio rally will be fun! Port Clinton is great area and Put in Bay is awesome party spot. We're planning on going also.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

happykraut

Are Judi and I coming to Goshen? Does a one-legged duck swim in a circle? Is the pope catholic? Does a bear s___ in the woods? Of course we are.

TGLBWH

North Central Region Directors-Retired
It will be great to see you and Judi and thanks for the warning Dave

shovelguy

Counting the days. Can't wait. We will be there, for sure. Celebrating our fiftieth during the festivities. I cannot imagine a better place to do that. Do & J

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
Planning our trip now. We are coming from Calif by way of Oregon and also attending the Branson, MO. Rally ahead of the Goshen Rally.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

MCTalley

Jim,

I know last time we attended the Goshen rally we rented a golf cart from the local rental vendor. This year we plan on bringing our own cart with us. I've looked through the venue's rules and regulations and see nothing addressing usage of your own cart. I would assume the usual rules would generally apply (no children driving them, drive in a reasonable manner, etc.). Are you aware of any other special rules that the venue may have on personal golf carts?

I was going to PM you, but thought it might benefit being addressed in a public forum.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Jim,

I know last time we attended the Goshen rally we rented a golf cart from the local rental vendor. This year we plan on bringing our own cart with us. I've looked through the venue's rules and regulations and see nothing addressing usage of your own cart. I would assume the usual rules would generally apply (no children driving them, drive in a reasonable manner, etc.). Are you aware of any other special rules that the venue may have on personal golf carts?

I was going to PM you, but thought it might benefit being addressed in a public forum.

I thought Duane brought his last goshen rally. I might be mistaken though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Jim,

I think the only rule is no wheelies down the main drag! :cool:

rjr6150

Definitely planning on making this one. Had to cancel Vegas due to grandson who decided to arrive early. Kathy retires 4/20/17 then we hit the road.

jbeletti

Malcolm,

This has not been an issue in the past but I will confirm the current policy with the venue this week. I have a contract for golf carts for my team, the service team and a small rental fleet. I've just sent the rental rate and we've built it into the rally registration site/process. Yet this week, I plan to create a rally web site article about golf cart rentals and I'll include a blurb about the use of personally owned units. I'll also create a forum thread in the rally sub-forum for Golf Cart Rentals and will include the venue's golf cart policy/position.

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
JB,

Happy New Year and hope your Christmas was merry. I am wondering if maybe Lippert would be interested in providing a Rally special for the upgrade to there new Level Up system brain that links the old with the new remote system?

Jim:confused:

jbeletti

I heard back from my contact at the Elkhart County 4H Fairgrounds on golf carts. Their response is as follows:

It is very common for rally attendees to bring in their own golf carts. We do not have any issue with this. You may also bring in your rented fleet, no problem.

So, if you wish to bring your own golf cart, feel free to do so.

jbeletti

JB,

Happy New Year and hope your Christmas was merry. I am wondering if maybe Lippert would be interested in providing a Rally special for the upgrade to there new Level Up system brain that links the old with the new remote system?

Jim:confused:

Jim - I'm confident that I will succeed in getting Lippert to provide some rally specials. However, the item you requested is not likely to have enough mass-appeal to make the specials. I suggest you obtain part numbers and pricing and share this with me privately and I'm happy to ask about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.