2017 - Goshen Rally - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MCTalley

That's the one we have.

How is that going to ride without bolting it down to something?

We put it between our two slides on the carpeted floor, put the bike wheels in it and bring the slides in. Stays upright very well. Just need to make sure nearby cabinet doors are not touching nor will open and touch the bikes. There is also a couple items in front of it to keep it from sliding forward during braking.

Dennyha

I can think of MANY other places to go that I will enjoy myself other than a place where I cannot use my rig as designed. If you cannot guarantee the use of my entire rig, I think you have lessened my interest & all those who feel the same way. I don't think enough thought was put into this event in this regard. Thoroughly disappointed!!!
Trying to think positive about this situation...I will try to get in that section but if I am unable, we will pass on this event. Anything gained by going would be offset (in a negative way) by not being able to use our rig the way it was intended.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We don't have the side deck, but we do have a rear deck. The simple fact is that there are places where we can use the rear deck, and places where we can't. And we accept that. If you only accept venues that allow the use of both decks, you will write off a lot of great places.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

We don't have the side deck, but we do have a rear deck. The simple fact is that there are places where we can use the rear deck, and places where we can't. And we accept that. If you only accept venues that allow the use of both decks, you will write off a lot of great places.
Well said

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

porthole

Retired
I can think of MANY other places to go that I will enjoy myself other than a place where I cannot use my rig as designed. If you cannot guarantee the use of my entire rig, I think you have lessened my interest & all those who feel the same way. I don't think enough thought was put into this event in this regard. Thoroughly disappointed!!!
Trying to think positive about this situation...I will try to get in that section but if I am unable, we will pass on this event. Anything gained by going would be offset (in a negative way) by not being able to use our rig the way it was intended.

I would venture to say, 90+% of the campgrounds in the country were built before 45' long trailers with side and rear patios that drop down were even thought of.
This venue is no exception and it is very close to corporate headquarters, as such, the event gets tremendous amount of factory support.

You'll miss a good one if you decide not to come.
Fireman? We are known to be flexible and that there are no guarantees.

BTW, leaving the patios accessible for dogs while you are gone probably wouldn't be acceptable at most campgrounds.

clubmgr

Heartland Owners Club Manager
Staff member
.I will try to get in that section but if I am unable, we will pass on this event. Anything gained by going would be offset (in a negative way) by not being able to use our rig the way it was intended.

Please note: as was previously posted "It depends on what site you get. You "may" be able to use one or both if you are in the right site. But you won't be able to request a particular site unless you are able to get in the NW section. I remember at the last Goshen rally there was a toy hauler (in the NW section) that was able to use both of them. There will be some sites in other areas where possibly you could use the side or rear one."

There are no guarantees even in the NW section that the site you get will accommodate your rig with the side-patio out and the ramp in patio position.

Please note: as was previously posted "It depends on what site you get. You "may" be able to use one or both if you are in the right site. But you won't be able to request a particular site unless you are able to get in the NW section. I remember at the last Goshen rally there was a toy hauler (in the NW section) that was able to use both of them. There will be some sites in other areas where possibly you could use the side or rear one."

There are no guarantees even in the NW section that the site you get will accommodate your rig with the side-patio out and the ramp in patio position.

Thank you all for your input. I hope we can work this out. I would like to experience this event at least once. We will see how this all works out.

jbeletti

Thank you all for your input. I hope we can work this out. I would like to experience this event at least once. We will see how this all works out.
Another Heartlander contacted me tonight about your concern and suggested to me that you might want to consider a site on Ring Road. These sites are deeper and wider than many other areas. The con is that they back up to a very active freight train line.

No one at this Fairgrounds escapes the sound of the trains but those on Ring Road and my core-team and others in the South section will know these trains more intimately.

Another Heartlander contacted me tonight about your concern and suggested to me that you might want to consider a site on Ring Road. These sites are deeper and wider than many other areas. The con is that they back up to a very active freight train line.

No one at this Fairgrounds escapes the sound of the trains but those on Ring Road and my core-team and others in the South section will know these trains more intimately.

Yeah... heard about the trains & sites along tracks. Thanks. We'll see how this shakes out on sign up day.

AlwaysOnLiberty

Last Goshen Rally, we were in one of the Ring Road sites. The sites were longer and we COULD extend our Cyclone 4100 back deck however, we were so busy with all the cool and awesome activities, workshops, classes, tours, meals, and such that we were so dog tired when we got back that we just buttoned it up. The train is pretty loud, yes, but by buttoning up the back deck made it much better anyways. Seriously, we didn't spend any time in our rig other than sleeping. Heck, we barely even ate there. In the evenings, we meandered and sat with other Heartlanders at their sites.

Would you consider paying for two sites to accommodate? We really don't want you to miss out on this cool rally.

Last Goshen Rally, we were in one of the Ring Road sites. The sites were longer and we COULD extend our Cyclone 4100 back deck however, we were so busy with all the cool and awesome activities, workshops, classes, tours, meals, and such that we were so dog tired when we got back that we just buttoned it up. The train is pretty loud, yes, but by buttoning up the back deck made it much better anyways. Seriously, we didn't spend any time in our rig other than sleeping. Heck, we barely even ate there. In the evenings, we meandered and sat with other Heartlanders at their sites.

Would you consider paying for two sites to accommodate? We really don't want you to miss out on this cool rally.

What would be nice is paying for 2 sites away from the train tracks. Any idea what 2 sites would cost? Has anyone ever done that? Already had a month dose of close proximity to trains in Hollywood, FL at TY Park & our dogs don't do well with loud noises.

AlwaysOnLiberty

What would be nice is paying for 2 sites away from the train tracks. Any idea what 2 sites would cost? Has anyone ever done that? Already had a month dose of close proximity to trains in Hollywood, FL at TY Park & our dogs don't do well with loud noises.

Our two Maine Coon cats that full-time with us don't like loud noises either however, we diffuse Essential Oils and it helps with their anxiety and fears; especially when we camp/park at military bases and posts where we get to enjoy daily air shows. There will be a "Essential Oils in the Home/RV" class/workshop that will touch on that subject at the Rally. :) :)

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Would anyone be interested in a 2nd annual beer tasting fest at Goshen this year? We just had a new micro brewery start operating here and was gonna bring some for tasting and was curious if anyone else may want to join in.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Would anyone be interested in a 2nd annual beer tasting fest at Goshen this year? We just had a new micro brewery start operating here and was gonna bring some for tasting and was curious if anyone else may want to join in.

Count us in!!

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Good deal. We will wait to see how agenda shakes out before we set a date

clayhud

Count me in too and I am sure Carrington will bring some of his "Special Brew".

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Us too! And Cisco,Tx has a microbrewery opening up. I'll see if I can get some.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Good deal. We will wait to see how agenda shakes out before we set a date

I thought the Brew/Wine tasting at the NE Rally was fun. More there then I could have ever imagined...

That's where we discovered the "HOOCH"

Status
Not open for further replies.