2019 - Goshen Rally - Discussion Thread

jimtoo

I would definitely be up for a quilt tour. There are quite a few quilters in the NE region!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The only problem I see here is you would probably need two busses, one to haul the ladies on the tour and a second one to haul what they will purchase back to the rally site..... I know a couple of quilters. :rolleyes:

Jim M

(and Bette is not one of them,,, thank goodness.)

jstarwal

Thanks for the reminder. I didn’t know there were several quilt shops in the area. I’ve reached out to Sonya at the Elkhart Tourist Convention Bureau for more info. If anyone knows, Sonya will know.

Once I have that info, I’ll see what we can put together. Note that all optional fee based side tours will be during the pre-rally week. Interested parties need to know that. Usually Wed, Thu and Friday is when we do the pre-rally tours.

Thanks for the reminder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would definitely be interested in a quilt tour

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

MikeR

Jim Beletti, I see that you spoke with Mike Sokol in regards to being a presenter at the National Rally and that he has accepted. I would like to thank you for contacting Mike and having him as a presenter. You might need extra room in the hall for his presentations. I'll be bringing my multimeter for him to autograph.

Mike Roberts

DougLynne

retired Alberta Chapter Leaders
We are planning to make it this year, cutting down on our snowbird time to allow for the days required.

jbeletti

Jim Beletti, I see that you spoke with Mike Sokol in regards to being a presenter at the National Rally and that he has accepted. I would like to thank you for contacting Mike and having him as a presenter. You might need extra room in the hall for his presentations. I'll be bringing my multimeter for him to autograph.

Mike Roberts

Hi Mike - I have been acquainted with Mike Sokol for some time but hadn't been in touch with him for at least a year. So, thanks to you sir!

Yes, we have reached an agreement and I look forward to having him speak.

petruca

Canadian Region Directors
We are planning to make it this year, cutting down on our snowbird time to allow for the days required.
Doug & Lynne, I am so glad you will be able to join us in Goshen next June. I am not sure of your time commitment, but if you have a few extra days, consider attending the Ontario Chapter Rally in Essex, ON at the Wildwood Golf & RV Resort (the resort is wonderful!!). It will be held the weekend prior to pre-rally activities commencing in Goshen. The trip from Essex to Goshen is approximately 3 - 3 1/2 hours. What we do, is leave on Sunday following breakfast and head to Frankenmuth, MI. We stay at the Jellystone Park which is right across the street from Bronner's Christmas Store. If you have never been, it is worth seeing. Frankenmuth is a lovely German town with lots of unique shops, restaurants, parks, etc. They also have a very good outlet mall. So...give it some thought... Christine:)

CDN

B and B
The WORK thing might have different thoughts on vacation choice but will try. I know the DW would do a quilt tour for sure. I would just stay back and maybe get into trouble with others smoking some brisket or other tasty meats!

DougLynne

retired Alberta Chapter Leaders
Doug & Lynne, I am so glad you will be able to join us in Goshen next June. I am not sure of your time commitment, but if you have a few extra days, consider attending the Ontario Chapter Rally in Essex, ON at the Wildwood Golf & RV Resort (the resort is wonderful!!). It will be held the weekend prior to pre-rally activities commencing in Goshen. The trip from Essex to Goshen is approximately 3 - 3 1/2 hours. What we do, is leave on Sunday following breakfast and head to Frankenmuth, MI. We stay at the Jellystone Park which is right across the street from Bronner's Christmas Store. If you have never been, it is worth seeing. Frankenmuth is a lovely German town with lots of unique shops, restaurants, parks, etc. They also have a very good outlet mall. So...give it some thought... Christine:)
We will keep this in mind, thanks Doug.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

jimtoo

HI Gatorhunter,

This is copied from another post.

"Rally fee: $275 for 1 RV and 1 person: $350 for 1 RV and 2 people: (increasing by $75 per registration for each additional person over 1)."

Looks like the fee of $350 for 1 rv includes 2 people and each additional person will be $75. So with 4 more that adds $300. So looks like it will be $650.

The additional charges for the 4 extra folks will include some meals, some transportation, some tours and entertainment. There will be additional things that can be added also or lots of things you can do on your own. These rallies are well planned and are a great thing to attend.

Jim M

HI Gatorhunter,

This is copied from another post.

"Rally fee: $275 for 1 RV and 1 person: $350 for 1 RV and 2 people: (increasing by $75 per registration for each additional person over 1)."

Looks like the fee of $350 for 1 rv includes 2 people and each additional person will be $75. So with 4 more that adds $300. So looks like it will be $650.

The additional charges for the 4 extra folks will include some meals, some transportation, some tours and entertainment. There will be additional things that can be added also or lots of things you can do on your own. These rallies are well planned and are a great thing to attend.

Jim M
Thanks. Just new to this rally stuff so no clue on what is included and goes on. I know some places charged extra per person just because they can but $75 got me. I have kids from 19 to our 2yr old grandson with us. No not from 19yr old. 😱😂. So now to see if worth budgeting or not. Plus travel cost their and back from N IL.

jbeletti

Thanks. Just new to this rally stuff so no clue on what is included and goes on. I know some places charged extra per person just because they can but $75 got me. I have kids from 19 to our 2yr old grandson with us. No not from 19yr old. 😱😂. So now to see if worth budgeting or not. Plus travel cost their and back from N IL.

Jim McG - thanks for the assist here.

Gatorhunter - we hope you can make it. We understand if you cannot.

As Jim McG mentioned, there are fixed and per-person costs that are associated with events like we're putting on. I understand that since this would be your first time, you're not up to speed on it all and are simply asking.

If you do end up coming, we expect that there will be other kids there. So that might be nice to have others for yours to hang out / play with.

Jim McG - thanks for the assist here.

Gatorhunter - we hope you can make it. We understand if you cannot.

As Jim McG mentioned, there are fixed and per-person costs that are associated with events like we're putting on. I understand that since this would be your first time, you're not up to speed on it all and are simply asking.

If you do end up coming, we expect that there will be other kids there. So that might be nice to have others for yours to hang out / play with.

I see it is at a fairgrounds. So generator needed or elecric hook-up, fresh water and dump area?

jbeletti

I see it is at a fairgrounds. So generator needed or elecric hook-up, fresh water and dump area?

The first 265 (or so) registrants will be on FHU sites (mostly 50 amp). Should we go higher than 265 rigs on FHU sites, some will end up with 30 amp power and water (no sewer) sites.

Also, we "may" accommodate some large-group, specific brands that wish to be co-located on the property. Those will likely be in the 30 amp power and water (no sewer) sites.

So all sites will have power and water.

The first 265 (or so) registrants will be on FHU sites (mostly 50 amp). Should we go higher than 265 rigs on FHU sites, some will end up with 30 amp power and water (no sewer) sites.

Also, we "may" accommodate some large-group, specific brands that wish to be co-located on the property. Those will likely be in the 30 amp power and water (no sewer) sites.

So all sites will have power and water.
Would there be a place to dump there or nearby? Ours is only a 30 amp.