2022 21RBSS Door rubs stairs

Cfd3301

Just picked up a 2022-21 RB SS. When the stairs are in the down position the screen door binds on them. Trailer is perfectly level and it has obviously been doing it since before we purchased it brand new as all the paint is worn off the stairs and the hinge is bending on the door. We never saw it with the door closed so we were unaware that it was binding before taking delivery.

Attachments

• 20210910_192521.jpg
    20210910_192521.jpg
    264.8 KB · Views: 19

F_Goose

I have a '15 NT 26LRSS that had door rubbing issues when I took delivery. I loosened the door hinge screws and repositioned the door until it stopped blinding, then retightened the screws.

Even after travel, you may have to make adjustments again. Good luck with your trailer and happy travels!

thewanderingeight

Sorry if this comes off as silly, but have you tried lowering the feet on the stairs? I have to adjust the feet often depending on the campsite, and if the feet are out too far, it raises that portion of the steps causing the door to rub against it, or not shut at all.

I find that the steps need to be pretty much as low as possible for the door to operate properly.

Hope it's that simple!

Cfd3301

We tried everything with no luck. Dealer has it now for past 3 weeks since the water tank fell out and split. Brand new trailer used 1 time.

Liseli

I have the NT 21 RBSS as well. Can't even close the door with the stairs down no matter the feet adjustments.