2022 Heartland Mallard M26 Electrical Issue

cipwood

Correct on the interior lights etc are 12v from battery shore power or not. The a/c problem is weird. Did the a/c work at CW by your house?

cipwood

I'm pretty sure The a/c power connection at the unit are under the ceiling trim, no need to get up o the roof.

I’ve got a call out to CW Michigan waiting on the GM to call back. I’ll take a look at the ac power connection when I get home tonight. Thanks

Hollandt

I have not yet, do I need to get on the roof to check that?
If it is a Dometic AC unit the control box can be accessed from below. You should be able to check that by removing the cover over the AC inside the RV. Not sure about other brands. There is a 12v lead that is required for the AC thermostat/controls on most types of units.

I was able to talk the service manager at CW to let me bring it in today. Since it’s under warranty I’m going to let them diagnose and find the issue. I’ll report back on what they find. Thanks all for the helpful tips.

Roller4tan

If you can see the ac from inside the trailer, you can check the connections by removing the filter.

Roller4tan

Heartland may also okay repairs at an rv service shop, since CW is notorious for dragging their feet.

CW called this morning. All is fixed. Looks like they found a short in the lines behind the fuse panel. I’m scheduled to pick it up Thursday at 9am. I will be testing everything before I take it home.

NoCents

Heartland definitely has a Incompetent wiring supervisor and NO QC, I personally know that 12 volt to 115 volt water heater was wired *** backwards along with 1 set of Gary tank and 1 set of black tank sensor’s. The puck lights on all 4 slides shorted out (loose wire). I have ask for schematics from the dealer AND Heartland and was told they don’t have any( I CALL BS) I don’t want to build one I just want to fix mine. A factory that builds equipment DOES have a DESIGN AND FABRICATION ENGINEERING DEPARTMENTS. Heartland will unload their business when the public demands some type of regulations exactly like the AUTOMOBILE MANUFACTURES, Complain to the Feds..

cipwood

I had the need to replace my WFCO fuse panel. When I removed the old one you wouldn't believe the amount of loose connections and wires just hanging loose with no attempt to secure them from vibration and breaking the connections.

JUST NUTS THE LACK OF QC.

CW called this morning. All is fixed. Looks like they found a short in the lines behind the fuse panel. I’m scheduled to pick it up Thursday at 9am. I will be testing everything before I take it home.
So got the m26 back Thursday. I went to use the jack and had no power, the service advisor said “oh the probably left the battery on” they plugged it into shore power and I checked everything. Everything seems to work fine. Got home plugged it in to 110v and was happy. Had it plugged in for two days, I unplugged from 110v to move the camper back to my storage lot. Went to use the power jack dead. I have no 12v power at all? I replaced the 50amp fuse thinking it was bad, nope no dice. Checked all the fuses on the panel all are good. I’m at a loss for words. When I originally dropped it off the camper,the jack, stabilizers 80% of it worked. Don’t know what else to check. Battery was tested is good?

wdk450

What does the trailer battery voltage read trailer unplugged from shorepower? What does the battery read plugged into shorepower?
Do you have jumper cables? You can jump from your truck to the trailer battery and see if the jack works.

i know the powerjack works I hooked it up directly to the battery and works as it should. I check the 30amp fuse and 50amp fuse both were good. Is there any other fuses I need to check?

wdk450

i know the powerjack works I hooked it up directly to the battery and works as it should. I check the 30amp fuse and 50amp fuse both were good. Is there any other fuses I need to check?
It sounds like you are getting close to finding the problem. If I were you, I would get out my voltmeter, sharpen one of the probe tips to enable you to prick through wire insulation, and start wire testing from battery to jack. I hope it is just a fuse, but wires have been known to pull apart inside the wire insulation and look normal on the outside due to mechanical stress - Jacking???

It sounds like you are getting close to finding the problem. If I were you, I would get out my voltmeter, sharpen one of the probe tips to enable you to prick through wire insulation, and start wire testing from battery to jack. I hope it is just a fuse, but wires have been known to pull apart inside the wire insulation and look normal on the outside due to mechanical stress - Jacking???
I’m out of ideas back to camping world I go.