21RBSS Manual Slide Retraction

Claude_H

I just got a 2022 North Trail 21RBSS. Does anyone know how the slide can be retracted in case of electrical failure? I asked at walk-through and called Heartland. The only solution I got was I could manually push it in, but that just doesn't seem right. I would sure like to know in case I ever need to go through this procedure.

Dahillbilly

if it has the cable driven system you should have a flexiable shaft used with a drill. Insert shaft into motor & use drill to move slide. Look under the -TOOLS tab above- User Guides - Slide Out - Rooms

Claude_H

Thanks, Dahillbilly. What you said is what I expected, especially since the dealer gave me the flexible shaft. I guess I should have pointed out that the people I talked to at the dealership and at Heartland were unable to tell me where the motor is. And I've searched and searched, and I can't find it, either.

Claude

Dahillbilly

Thanks, Dahillbilly. What you said is what I expected, especially since the dealer gave me the flexible shaft. I guess I should have pointed out that the people I talked to at the dealership and at Heartland were unable to tell me where the motor is. And I've searched and searched, and I can't find it, either.

Claude
not sure on your model, majority of them are above the slide out centered in the middle behind the trim. Run the slide part way out & look up there from one end, should see it. PIA to get at

Claude_H

Well, I found the motor inside the RV and behind the trim. I just hope I never have to access it I'm not sure I'd ever be able to reach it with the slide fully extended. I don't have a clue how I would get the trim off so I could. As you said, Dahillbilly, it's a PIA to get at.

D-K_21RBSS

"I don't have a clue how I would get the trim off"
You have to start from the center and remove the that first. then you can start on the sides. Use a flat bladed pry bar and CAREFULLY pry the trim pieces away from the frame. The trim is held on by long-ish pin nails. Just go slow. Assembly is in reverse order (of course) having a helper or clamps will help with reassembly. Pics attached to show what comes off

Attachments

• 20221006_145259.jpg
    20221006_145259.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 30
  • 20221007_111144.jpg
    20221007_111144.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 25
  • 20221011_124905.jpg
    20221011_124905.jpg
    1,011.4 KB · Views: 22

CoveredWagon

"I don't have a clue how I would get the trim off"
You have to start from the center and remove the that first. then you can start on the sides. Use a flat bladed pry bar and CAREFULLY pry the trim pieces away from the frame. The trim is held on by long-ish pin nails. Just go slow. Assembly is in reverse order (of course) having a helper or clamps will help with reassembly. Pics attached to show what comes off
Most anything I remove that was pin nailed, I replace with screws.