3 Axles, CRE3000 and Disk Brakes

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
Some of you may remember that I had a spring hanger failure earlier this summer. It was the aft most hanger on the door side which is the side the supply lines for the disk brakes are located. During the course of repairing the hanger I discovered that the brake lines between axles 1 and 2 and also between 2 and 3 had been crushed by the equalizers swinging up too far. There was no leakage but the lines were crushed thereby stopping flow completely to the brakes on the second and third axles.

Heartland and Lippert accepted responsibility for the hanger failure and reimbursed me for the costs associated with the repairs as the coach was still under warranty. I was also in contact with Morryde as they had done the disk brake install shortly after we bought the coach. They were very much interested in my experience and requested pictures of the brakes lines and equalizers. They said they hadn't seen this occur before but would have their engineers look it over.

Fast forward to this week.....the last time we had the coach out the brakes felt like they were not stopping nearly as well as they had. I increased the controller setting and it seemed a little better but decided that I might need to bleed the brakes again. We were going out this weekend so I grabbed some tools and my bleeder cup and set out to lay under the Cyclone for a while.
The Kodiak instructions say to start bleeding from the rear and so I did. I had the DW start the pump and I opened the bleeder... NOTHING. I moved up the the middle axle and nothing there too. It didn't take too much investigation to discover this:
IMG_2776.jpgIMG_2774.jpgView attachment 59462
View attachment 59461

After contacting Morryde and furnishing pictures I was informed that they discovered this situation was possible with 3 axle installations of the CRE3000 systems and they now had a redesigned equalizer to be used between the forward axles and would be sending me replacements that day. I am also relocating the brake supply line to preclude any interference from the suspension.

RoadJunkie

Just got back from a Morryde seminar at the Jackson regional rally and they advised that anyone with a triple axle using the CRE3000 with a single bolt at the center of the equalizer suspension, that is below the hanger bolt, should contact Morryde. They have apparently moved to a two bolt design.

LBR

Just got back from a Morryde seminar at the Jackson regional rally and they advised that anyone with a triple axle using the CRE3000 with a single bolt at the center of the equalizer suspension, that is below the hanger bolt, should contact Morryde. They have apparently moved to a two bolt design.
Thanx for this info...