300C problems

BarneyFife

Heartland has no control over products they buy, thinking they work as promised. It would be nice if all these products worked. But sometimes it seems like its Heartlands fault but really, its other manufactures that mostly makes Heartlands products look bad.

Good point. I know there are many products on my Cyclone made by other manufacturers.

Odd thing though. When we buy these campers, we pay the dealer and the dealer pays Heartland. When its time to "show me the money", its just the customer, dealer, and the manufacturer. When its time to stand behind their failing products, its a folder full of manufacturers we have to chase down and deal with. Interesting.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
But for the warranty period, you can go through HL. And they do a very good job of working the issues. But after you tires gets a flat on a car, you don't expect the dealer to cover it. I am just trying to be straight here. We blame HL for everything. When actually its the products most of the time. Yes HL did buy the products but did so thinking they would do what the manufacturers said they would do. They also get tired of the issues they have with them and I am sure that is why they switch manufactures as much as they do. I believe they try to give us a good product but do not have complete control of items they use.

Russ_300c

Tim and Bev
I own a 2012 300c HD I found I had poor brakes as well. After inspection I found that Dexter left out parts on the right side brakes! I had no working brakes on the right side of this 16000 lbs gvw unit right from day one. I also found out that the brakes are only rated for 6000 lbs, seems a little on the light side to me. I have multiple other issues as well. If there is another forum that you use for heartland discussion please list it's web address for me. Thanks, Russ.

mattpopp

Trouble Maker
Tim and Bev
I own a 2012 300c HD I found I had poor brakes as well. After inspection I found that Dexter left out parts on the right side brakes! I had no working brakes on the right side of this 16000 lbs gvw unit right from day one. I also found out that the brakes are only rated for 6000 lbs, seems a little on the light side to me. I have multiple other issues as well. If there is another forum that you use for heartland discussion please list it's web address for me. Thanks, Russ.

According to HL our 300C is 14,000 GVWR and not 16,000 GVWR. It was a couple weeks ago on their website but it is back to the 14k rating. If you do not mind, if your sticker says 16,000lb GVWR could you send me a picture of that to mp @ mattpopp.com I am trying to get mine sorted out as it shows 14,000lb. This would help out a ton.

mattpopp

Trouble Maker
But for the warranty period, you can go through HL. And they do a very good job of working the issues. But after you tires gets a flat on a car, you don't expect the dealer to cover it. I am just trying to be straight here. We blame HL for everything. When actually its the products most of the time. Yes HL did buy the products but did so thinking they would do what the manufacturers said they would do. They also get tired of the issues they have with them and I am sure that is why they switch manufactures as much as they do. I believe they try to give us a good product but do not have complete control of items they use.

If you had a tire blow out at 1000 miles and damaged your truck you would come back to the dealer ****ed off. If it happens at 10,000 miles I wouldnt go to the dealer other then to get the repairs made.

Look at Firestone and Ford. Ford was sued many times over Firestone tires.

But if we used that same logic that you referred to. Then what if the Injection pump on your Ford, Dodge, or GM diesel pick goes out. Do you go to the dealer to get it fixed or do you call Bosch in Germany and have them fix it?

Urban350

According to HL our 300C is 14,000 GVWR and not 16,000 GVWR. It was a couple weeks ago on their website but it is back to the 14k rating. If you do not mind, if your sticker says 16,000lb GVWR could you send me a picture of that to mp @ mattpopp.com I am trying to get mine sorted out as it shows 14,000lb. This would help out a ton.

My trailer has the 16000lbs sticker on it, and I know I posted a picture of it somewhere on this site but can not find it. I do not have my trailer at home otherwise I would take another picture for you.

Urban350

I am going to add a few more things to my list. The brakes have had there internal springs fall out, 2 blisters tires, the paint on the nose is peeling of.

Well After months of back and forth conversations with Heartland no warranty on the paint or the tires. :(:mad:

Last edited:

CrazyCooter

I can kind of understand the tires, but not standing behind the paint issue is a disappointment.

I know there has to be a date on warranties or some would expect indefinite free repairs, but that was an obvious defect in prep or materials.

We've had a smaller subset of these problems...most notably the leak in the basement (leaking crossover pipe between the water tanks AND the fill tube, plus poor slope of the tank air vents) and the furnace issue (still unresolved...personally I think this unit is too large for the trailer...), but other than that we have been quite happy with the unit. It makes it's first trip "down south" in the winter (-30C to +22C, hopefully), so we'll see how it handles winter travel.

A lot of things I've fixed or improved myself, not being close to a dealer... Not to sound too full of myself, but I think in at least some cases I'm better qualified to fix these items than the guy making minimum wage at the dealer who couldn't care less....

Urban350

To fix the furnace, I had to add an extra duct from the furnace to the outside of the cabinet. I put it on the cabinet wall facing the bathroom below the sink, if that helps your furnace issue. Heartland nor the dealer were of no help with this issue.

kimsandyb

We've had our 300c almost a year. Have had a couple minor issues nothing I couldnt handle. Show me one of any brand that hasnt had some problem. We love everything about. To quote Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty,We're Happy, Happy, Happy!!!

oscar

We've had our 300c almost a year. Have had a couple minor issues nothing I couldnt handle. Show me one of any brand that hasnt had some problem. We love everything about. To quote Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty,We're Happy, Happy, Happy!!!

Bring tools, no matter what it is. And knowing how to use them is the difference between and ordeal and an adventure.......:)

Kuhlkent

I have a 2012 300C and outside of some silly oversights on delivery that took two months to resolve, we have been ok so far. Couple of things: although I was given the story of how solid the axle and suspension is on the 300c, everyone including myself is amazed that there are only two instead of three. Also, I too have experienced the lack of slope in the sewer line and even after a long pump out, I was always surprised with a big splash of poop water when I removed the cap for the next pump out. Solved this with an extender cutoff valve. My biggest question though is in the even that my slides die on me somewhere, I was never shown or even told that there was a manual override. Can someone clear this up for me? I can just imagine getting ready to leave somewhere but, no, your slide is stuck out. Thanks!

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
If you have hydraulic slides, take a look at the pump motor. On the end of it you should see a little round sticker. Behind the sticker is a 1/4 inch hex socket. You will then need to have a 1/4 hex driver attached to a drill. Using that combination will allow you to turn the pump.
If you an electric s slide then you will need to locate the motor for it. It will have a similar hex driven screw. You may need a flex shaft for that.
Hope this helps.

Peace
Dave

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2