3070RL Right Side Slideout Problem

rono

We have a 2012 3070RL and when we try to bring in the right hand slideout, the slideout has a tendency to jack itself where it tilts the top up to where it won’t come in and has even ripped the rubber roofing. I had it into a local dealer (not where I bought it) and they adjusted it (supposedly) and fixed the rip in the roofing. Well this last week it did it again and then I noticed hydraulic fluid leaking from underneath. I checked the fluid reservoir and it still had plenty of fluid. Luckily when we got ready to come home the slide came in with no problems and when we got home it seemed to work. I’m worried that the slide mechanism has a problem that the local dealership will not fix until after warranty is up. Has any other 3070RL owners had this kind of problem with their right side slideout? If so what was done to fix it?

Thanks
RO

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
My 1st thing would do contact HL service by email and by phone. Make sure you have your VIN# handy. If you can get some pix when it is acting up....take them and send them to HL service. Your statement about it tearing the rubber roof kinda baffles me. None of the roofs/tops of my slides come anywhere close to the roof. Did the trim on the outside top of the slide go that high to tear the roof and damage the driprail where the roof wraps over the top and down the side??