30FQBS tongue jack failure - manufacturer name?

Hello I havent even used my trailer its about 4 months its been in storage. I was useing the tounge jack and it failed internally letting the toungue go down it obviously stripped out it wont go up or down. I look at the Heartland owners manual and it says jacks are not covered. I cant find the manufacturer name on it the only this I can find is two stickers one with 2000lb capacity and another with a number 100305-1891. No internet search has produced anything any ideas?

jimtoo

Hi partee1998,

Have your VIN handy and call Heartland Customer Service, 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. They should be able to tell you what jack is on your unit and answer any warranty questions for you.

Jim M

HPMait154

I don't know what you found out, but I had a similar problem in March 2012.

After creaking, grinding and sticking while trying to load up to return from Key West to Florence, SC, the tongue jack COLLAPSED (luckily, the truck's hitch was directly under it).

Stopped at Camping World in Jacksonville on the way home and bought an Ultra Fab 4000, and couldn't be happier!

This is the second Heartland I've owned, (had this one about a year and a half), and I am NOT as impressed as I was with my first one. Hope it's just the model, and not Heartland in general.

ZNK

I don't know what you found out, but I had a similar problem in March 2012.

After creaking, grinding and sticking while trying to load up to return from Key West to Florence, SC, the tongue jack COLLAPSED (luckily, the truck's hitch was directly under it).

Stopped at Camping World in Jacksonville on the way home and bought an Ultra Fab 4000, and couldn't be happier!

This is the second Heartland I've owned, (had this one about a year and a half), and I am NOT as impressed as I was with my first one. Hope it's just the model, and not Heartland in general.

What kind of Heartland did you have before? A Trail Runner?

ZNK

Hello I havent even used my trailer its about 4 months its been in storage. I was useing the tounge jack and it failed internally letting the toungue go down it obviously stripped out it wont go up or down. I look at the Heartland owners manual and it says jacks are not covered. I cant find the manufacturer name on it the only this I can find is two stickers one with 2000lb capacity and another with a number 100305-1891. No internet search has produced anything any ideas?

While I understand that this is frustrating, this may be a sign that it is time to purchase an electric tongue jack? If this happened for me I would be elated, I am having a tough time rationalizing buying an electric jack when my manual works...

Came across this thread while searching for something else...I had the exact same thing happen a few months ago with my 2011 30FQBS. Tongue jack collapsed while I was taking it of my TV, jack was hosed and it screwed up my hitch as well. Good Sam sent someone to replace it...thankfully the whole thing only cost me $40 out of pocket. Scared the **** out of me though!