3185 cupboards

Arly

Hi everyone,

At first I would like to say I am soooo excited to pick out my fifth wheel. We are seriously considering the 3185rl. Can someone tell me if the curved cabinet on the end of the L shaped counter opens? I have seen the same cabinet open on the Bighorn website (I just cant remember the model #). Also does it have the three light hanging pivot light fixture over the counter top.

Thanks
Arlene

jimtoo

Hi Arlene,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully the Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I can't tell you for sure, but I think it does... someone will be on soon and give us the answer.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

MoeW

We have had our 2011 Bighorn 3185 since last summer and just love it. The curved cabinet does swing open, but there is no hanging light fixtures directly over the counter top, just the lights mounted in the ceiling, which seems to be sufficient.

Morris

jimtoo

Hi MoeW,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. Glad you could provide an answer for us. That is what this forum is about,,, members helping members or potential members.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

Arly

Thanks Morris for your reply...I am so much more excited...we are going to go to a dealership 3 hours from our home on Monday. I can finally see one before ordering on Tuesday!!!

Also thank you so much for your warm welcome Jim ;)

Arlene

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Arly, I am not sure but I think that in the 2012 models thare are hanging lights over the sink. Your dealer should be able to find out for sure.

Peace
Dave

Arly

I haven't ordered yet Dave...when did or does the 2012 edition start to be rolled out? I would really like the hanging lights if possible.

Arlene

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Now remember, I said "I think" and "I am not sure".
Another thing "I am not sure" of is "I think" that as of April 1, 2012 models are produced.
Best bet is to call the factory and ask them or ask you dealer for confirmation.

Peace
Dave

Arly

Thanks Dave I will try and contact the factory. I phoned my dealer today and she said she would email her rep. I haven't heard anything yet...I'm impatient...so I thought I would try to find out here.

Arlene

K

karykatz

Arlene,

Thank you for your interest in our bighorn 3185. We are very excited you will be joing the Heartland RV Family soon. The new 3185's have the hanging lights and decorative fixture over the sink area. The curved whiskey barrell is no longer offered in this floor plan. Any models ordered now from the factory will be 2012 model year. I hope this helps.

We special ordered our 2012 3650RL and it just arrived. There is pendent (hanging) lights over the kitchen island. We also had them replace the "camper type" lights in the ceiling with the much more attractive puck lighting.

Arly

Thank you for setting me straight Kary...I am so excited...I can't wait to order mine.

Last edited:

Arly

Also Kary is there going to be a headboard in the 2012 3185rl? Also can you tell me the weight of dual pane windows versus single pane windows please. My hubby wants to know the weight of the slide awning triple slide package option??

What other new options or changes are on the 2012 models??

Thanks
Arlene

Last edited:
K

karykatz

Arlene,

the 3185 has the same headboard as all of the Bighorns. You may have seen earlier models without, but lst summer we added headboards. The Dual pane windows in a 3185 will add approx 300-400 lbs and the slide pkg approx 100 lbs.

I hope this helps.