3300CK - Outdoor Kitchen Leak

blueoval

This past weekend we were camping and had a leak in theoutdoor kitchen door and frame. Since we have not had much rain in the Midwest(no rain in 6 weeks at one point) and when it did rained it was such a small amountthat the ground was not even get wet when it finished raining.

Our problem (one of many we have had) we had was a leak at the top of the doorand frame on the outdoor kitchen and it was not just a little leak it was amajor leak. The outdoor kitchen door and frame looks like the same set-up asthe storage compartment doors and frames, the storage compartment did not seemto have any water in them that I could see or feel. It does seem the gasketaround the storage compartment looks different then the gasket around the outdoorkitchen. I did see that all the doors and the frames had a seam at the top andthey had some type of sealing tape but they did not cover the whole seam. Ialso saw the hinge/s did not have any type of sealing tape between the hinge andwhere it mounts to the frame. It looked like the water was running betweenthere and getting into the outdoor kitchen compartment.

Has anyone else had / have this same leak? I was thinking about chalking thehinge and the seam to see if that stops the problem.

I have only had this unit for 3 months and I am starting to think maybe theHeartland quality is not as good as I thought. We have had the followingproblems either fixed or waiting to get fixed: two bad air mattress, bathroomsink strainer was clogged, Both grey water tanks have bad valves - will noteven hold one drop of water, fresh water tank sensor reads incorrectly fulltank show 1/3 full. I am sure the dealer should have caught some of this but Ialso feel QC at the factory should have caught some of this as well.

danemayer

Hi blueoval,

Welcome to the posting side of the Heartland Owners Forum. There's a lot of useful information here along with a lot of friendly people who are willing to share what they know to help one another.

Sorry to hear you're having problems. With respect to the leak, considering how new your unit is, this might be something you should let your dealer help you with. Hopefully your dealer has been knocking down the problems you've experienced and will be able to do the same for this one.

sjs731

I have a 3300ck and I will check my hinge on the outside kitchen. I'm not sure I have seen any tape but I will check and see if mine has any.

Steve
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sjs731

Blueoval,
I looked at my outside kitchen tonight and where the hinge is attached it looks like it is just fastened to the frame. I don't see the tape you speak of, just the black rubber seal. I've never had a leak at the kitchen door yet. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346978424.831747.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1346978440.937793.jpg

Steve
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blueoval

In the St Louis Area there is not a Sundance dealer so wehad to drive 2 hours east of STL to get our unit. We have a service company inSTL that does excellent work, even Heartland told me that can’t believe howgood this service company is and that we are lucky to have such a company likethis around us. And because they do such good work Heartland is letting us usethem for all warranty work - I will say that is great service from Heartland.

We really love our coach just venting because of the small stuff can just eatat you.

The tape I am talking about is located on the seam where the metal frame meets eachend - look at the top of the frame and or the door you will see the seam I amtalking about. This is where they put some sort of tape. Looking at yourpictures you sent our gasket looks different - I think the gasket is designedto channel the water away but that is just a guess. We have even had the waterrun down the inside of the door (center that is).

sjs731

In the St Louis Area there is not a Sundance dealer so wehad to drive 2 hours east of STL to get our unit. We have a service company inSTL that does excellent work, even Heartland told me that can’t believe howgood this service company is and that we are lucky to have such a company likethis around us. And because they do such good work Heartland is letting us usethem for all warranty work - I will say that is great service from Heartland.

We really love our coach just venting because of the small stuff can just eatat you.

The tape I am talking about is located on the seam where the metal frame meets eachend - look at the top of the frame and or the door you will see the seam I amtalking about. This is where they put some sort of tape. Looking at yourpictures you sent our gasket looks different - I think the gasket is designedto channel the water away but that is just a guess. We have even had the waterrun down the inside of the door (center that is).

Troy,

I saw the tape you were talking out at the seam in the middle of the door. Ours was barely sticking anymore. I've never noticed water coming in through that seam.

Steve

Bub2119

I just purchased a 2012 sundance 3300ck also and neither of my grey tank valves will hold a drop of water either I am waiting to schedule an appt with my dealer unit is less than a month old and have had numerous issues myself. I have been questioning my purchase

danemayer

I just purchased a 2012 sundance 3300ck also and neither of my grey tank valves will hold a drop of water either I am waiting to schedule an appt with my dealer unit is less than a month old and have had numerous issues myself. I have been questioning my purchase

Hi Bub2119,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. You'll find a lot of useful information here along with a great bunch of people who are willing to help when you're having trouble.

Sorry to hear you're having problems with the gray tank valves, but I'm sure your dealer can take care of the problem, along with anything else that has popped up over the last month. One thing I'd suggest after the repair is done is to test the valves before you leave the dealer. I had a slow leaker once and the dealer tech did a quick test and didn't see anything wrong. Fortunately I caught it before leaving the lot and didn't have to find out on our next trip that it hadn't been fixed.

As a related suggestion, many of us have found it useful to add a twist-on gate valve on the sewer outlet. Even when all the gate valves work well, there's often a little waste water than can come out when you open the outlet to hook up the sewer hose. The extra valve avoids nasty little surprises.

We too had a kitchen leak last year which damaged our kitchen and living room. We were not at home when this happened so i immediately contacted public adjuster who then had solved all our problems. He was the one who prepared all the documents and arranged the meeting, negotiated with the insurance company.