3510 not used in three years.

My wife and I moved away from TX three years ago and We are just getting to the point that we can get to our trailer and move it to where we now live in Nashville. I was thinking about taking it to Camping world to service the axles and new tires if needed, but that particular camping world has dozen upon dozens of bad reviews. The next closest RV repair is about 75 miles away from where the trailer is located. How can I make sure my trailer can be towed about 100 miles to a service center? What should I check? My worries are axles and tires. I think the rest can wait until after I get it here to Nashville.

whp4262

My wife and I moved away from TX three years ago and We are just getting to the point that we can get to our trailer and move it to where we now live in Nashville. I was thinking about taking it to Camping world to service the axles and new tires if needed, but that particular camping world has dozen upon dozens of bad reviews. The next closest RV repair is about 75 miles away from where the trailer is located. How can I make sure my trailer can be towed about 100 miles to a service center? What should I check? My worries are axles and tires. I think the rest can wait until after I get it here to Nashville.

Where is the trailer located?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TedS

Inspect the tires to see that there are no obvious flaws. If they still hold air, pump them up to max sidewall pressure. Tow to the service shop.

olcoon

Anyplace that works on trailers can pack the bearings, and it'll probably be cheaper than taking to an RV shop. I take mine yearly to a place near where we live that sells and services trailers-not semi trailers, but the kind you tow behind your pick-up. They have a good reputation, and I feel a lot better taking it to them rather than to an RV dealer/shop. BTW, I wouldn't take my ex-wife's camper (if she had one) to Camping World for anything. Also I'll add that we don't get along at all.