3670 and Ford 2008 F250

funntheson

I was talked out of getting dual pane windows by several people in the industry, saying the functionality vs the extra cost and weight just wasn't worth it.
Of course I live in the southwest so the majority of the time it is not severe cold.

I was talked into getting them by several people on this forum that actually have them. They are not just for cold weather, and it's a lot cheaper to add them on your order, rather than to decide later that you want them.

caissiel

It willl not mather how heavy or how much wheels you have on your truck. The front tire is your big one for braking. With antilock brakes on your truck the front tires will want to slide first before the rear tires because they are not loaded.
When you put all the brakes on the truck and none on the trailer the weight on your 5th wheel will be dangerous. When I look at the bolting on the 5th wheels for transports trucks I can't believe they are holding. I have more bolts holding mine then on transport tractors. If you have a trailer on your truck you better make sure you have brakes on the trailer before you leave or you might regret it.

I use to tow a 6000Lbs trailer with a 6 cylinder Ranger 1/4 ton and I can guaranty that I had better breaking capacity then most Rigs on the road. The brakes were so good that the tires turned on the rims and all the tires on the trailer dragged when I did an emergency stop. I was able to stop as fast as the car in front of me.

After that I did trade the Ranger on a 1/2 Ton GM due to the air capacity of the rims and not for the capacity of the truck. I wanted more air in the rear tire.

A fellow here in my home town tells me he cannot pull his trailer with his F450 with more then 40Lbs of air in the rear because it rides to rough. I told hime I would not leave home unless I did have at least 75PSI in the tires. I told him I know because I turned the tires on my truck at 35PSI pressure.