3rd AC unit

I am looking at upgrading my 3795 with the 4113 and was wondering if the 2 standard AC units are enough to keep it cool or should I get the 3rd AC unit?

BLHFUN

In Missouri we are usually mid 90's with humidity and all three AC's are a major plus. Personally, I wouldn't own a 43 foot unit with a 13 foot garage and not have the 3rd AC installed. In the grand scheme of things, it's rather cheap.. Plus the new models are all three ducted and are Wisper quite if you order it or buy a pre installed 3rd AC.

carl.swoyer

What size are your ac . my two are 15k each. They do great in 98 deg weather. I do put my dark Nite Shades down to keep the heat out

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

OEFVET

You may not need the third AC all of the time but the few times you need the extra cooling power it will be worth it to have. As we all know ACs are mechanical and subject to breakdowns. If one of the units fails while you are camping you will be happy you have a third unit. A no brainer IMHO!

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
It also depends on what temp you like inside.
For some 78°-80° is comfy. Two AC's will probably work.
If it's not 70° in our rig my wife is not happy. I doubt two AC's will get there in a 43' rig.
The chance of a breakdown was mentioned by OEFVET and that alone would make me want three.

Peace
Dave

TXTiger

I am not sure but have been told that you can only run 2 a/c's at a time and can't run all three at once.

Nbomar

My thought has always been to put a 3rd AC and have it wired separately to a stand 110 plug. When you pull-up to the camping site, plug in the 50 amp and the. Plug in the 110 to the tower by the 50amp. I have 30amp to 110 converter I keep with me also. I've very rarely seen a power pole that didn't have multiple plugs in it. By doing this, I could run all 4 AC at the same time and it wouldn't overload the camper breakers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

avvidclif

On mine a little rewiring is required to run all three. It seems that 2 of the units are wired on the same 20A breaker. One of the reasons for the A/C selection switch. Moving the third to it's own breaker is supposed to cure the problem. I just haven't done it yet.

carl.swoyer

Something to consider is a programmable thermostat. It allow s you to have more than one ac on one thermostat. Preventing ac's from starting at the same time.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

billyjoeraybob

South Carolina Chapter Leaders-Retired
After having the third A/C on our Landmark here in SC, I can't imagine not having it. On a 50 amp service I can run all 3 when needed. The LM365s have a power management system to help manage the electrical load, but even if I had to manually manage the load, I would have 3.

pcardoza

We have a 4100 King with 3 AC units. The bedroom unit is terribly loud, so running the Garage and LR units at night keeps the rig nice and cool with little noise.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Oscar,

Can you provide more info on the AC unit you bought? That looks like a great solution that many would be interested in. Post some pics too!

Jv75353

Bought ours off the lot with two AC's, and the garage gets hot, especially with the slider closed to keep the salon cool. I installed a free standing AC in the garage, $100 or so at your big box store, and ducted the exhaust through the floor in one of these:

http://www.westmarine.com/buy/west-marine--screw-in-deck-plate-6-black--11743044

Works like a charm, and the draw is small enough that I can easily run all three on the 50A hookup.

Did you install a drain line for the AC unit in the garage? Or do you just empty the holding pan periodically? If you installed a drain line how did you route it out of the garage.

oscar

Oscar,

Can you provide more info on the AC unit you bought? That looks like a great solution that many would be interested in. Post some pics too!

Sorry, been busy. Any floor AC will do...... Think I got mine at Home Depot......

Anything on this page will work.....but I recommend not going too high on the BTU's..... I think mine is 8000. Runs enough to do the job AND get the moisture out. It's 120V, I just plug it into the overhead outlet. Forgot the numbers but the load was well within specs.

http://www.homedepot.com/b/Heating-...ioners-Portable-Air-Conditioners/N-5yc1vZc4m4

Leaving on trip tomorrow.... will try and take a pic.