$40/mo unlimited, no contract data plan

AlexSian

Mobile Broadband Consultant
We have been considering Verizon wireless, this less expensive one seems a good plan. Now for a "stupid" question, why do I want this cradlepoint when there is a modem that supports more than one computer. Just trying to understand the technology so we get it right. Thanks for any input. Nan
The MiFi is fine for most people, but it has a couple of limitations: first, if ever you want to improve cellular signal to it, you'll need to spend more money on a repeater instead of just an antenna because it doesnt have a jack for an antenna like the USB modem does; second, the WiFi range on a MiFi isn't as good as a cradlepoint -- its good enough to cover any size RV, but if you wanted to wander away from RV and still use it, you won't get as far away with the MiFi; third, those people who need an ethernet connection for whatever reason, won't find it on a MiFi.

those are the three major differences.

AlexSian

Mobile Broadband Consultant
Another stupid question, 2 items is listed, one for an individual computer and the MiFi 2200 will allow up to 5 computors? Is that what I am reading?
that is correct. virginmobile service only offers either a USB modem or their MiFi.
their USB modem can be used directly attached to a computer, or attached to a cradlepoint router that allows multiple computers.

sgtbigb

I ordered the MiFi 2000, Got it set up to use. Will give it a try later this month. I will let you all know How it performs.

bacaye

Bill and I looked at this yesterday and decided to think about it. If you live in Va. area the coverage is very strong but in Illinois area plus surrounding states the service is here and there. During the discussion it was also mentioned that if millions of people jump on this the airways would be congested causing even more connection problems. They also told us they did not think most companies would do the same because they are afraid of airway congestion too. Even the store selling this product was not 100% sure we would be doing the right thing.