4100 KING tub/shower water connections

rgwilliams69

I think I have a small drip leak in the fresh water lines while on city water. I've checked everything in the basement connection center as well as the bathroom sink and toilet lines, no leaks there. Supposing it must be the lines to the tub/shower. Anyone have any idea how to get to those to check them? I can't seem them from anywhere I looked. Does the wall comes loose or something like that? Any help greatly appreciated!

ramdually4100king

In our 4100 there is an access above the fixture in the tub to get to the tubing. I also can reach the tub drain if I remove the heater grate under the fireplace. Had the trailer for a month now and I am still chasing down all the loose connections.

Good Luck

rgwilliams69

No luck in either place. After they had some leaks must have started putting the access door in, ours doesn't have it. Short of removing the wall I cannot find any way to get to the connections, and I don't know how to do that without making a mess. Looked behind the walls in the "fridge" basement as well but still cannot see/reach anything to do with the tub faucets. Just see the red and blue tubing running up into the wall. Anyone have any other suggestions? I'm definitely in the right general space as I can see where some of the wood has gotten wet. No visible leaks or water now so I don't know what has changed. Hopefully I can hold out another week on the road before I can get to my dealer for service.

Mizmary

You might have to pull the fireplace out - I know my husband said he could see the drain for the tub from the furnace intake.

Sorry you're having troubles. Hopefully you can find it. :(

Mizmary

Also the red/blue tubing is the piping to the shower. That's what we see when we pull the access panel in the shower. Can you reach it,? If you can you can feel to see if you can find the water.

Nitehawk79

I also found a small drip coming from the tub faucet cold water side. I do have the access panel to reach it so not that big of deal. Hopefully when you are at the dealer they will install one for you. The only other place you may be able to reach it is from the where the small fridge is outside. Use a square bit to remove the screws.

Good luck,

Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

oscar

Sometimes one wonders if it's a good idea to use marginal connections in hard to get to places in a situation where a leak can mean certain deterioration in a very short time....

Just thinking out loud.