4100 Slide Question

gunnere7

On the 4100, do both main slides operate (extend) at the same time? If so, is there any way to make them work separately (IE. factory mod or aftermarket mod)? I like the ability to operate only one slide at a time. If I am at a roadside rest area, I really don't want to extend the slide on the traffic side. Thanks for any assistance.

AJJONES

Senior GM for Cyclone, Torque, Gateway & Sundance
The bedroom slide is electric cable driven and is operated individually. The two main living slides are ran off of hydraulics and the smallest one (kitchen slide) opens first and then the couch slide.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I am not familiar with the Cyclone hydraulic system, but there may be selector valves in line. They are on Landmark and Bighorn.
If not, I do know that valves have been added by other owners.
HERE IS A THREAD explaining the addition of isolation valves if you need to install them.

Peace
Dave

gunnere7

AJ,
So I can open the kitchen slide and stop it and then close it without moving the couch slide? If so, this will work. Thanks for the reply.

Cookie,
Thanks for the info about the slide valves.

scottyb

AJ,
So I can open the kitchen slide and stop it and then close it without moving the couch slide? If so, this will work. Thanks for the reply.

Cookie,
Thanks for the info about the slide valves.

I can answer that. Yes, you can open and close the kitchen w/o the living room, since it goes 1st. I've done it a few times to get to the fridge or cabinets.