415RW Sectional sofa defective material

lote314

Hey there! We recently bought a used 2013 415RW with the light brown sectional sofa. There is horrible wear patterns on both the seat cushions as well as back cushions. I have reached out to Heartland but cannot get any information on whether this is an isolated situation or if they have had prior complaints on the material. I have been told they no longer use this sectional manufacturer nor do they know the manufacturer, so Im thinking they probably had issues with it. I am trying to find out if they warranty it. If not, how do I cover it since the cushions are all sewn in, not removable. Also if anyone has had this problem, how did you rectify it? The toy hauler is beautiful but the sofa is startling bad. It's unbelievable how badly the material has worn off and the hauler was owned by an older couple. The rest of the unit is in perfect condition.

Im trying to upload photos but do not know how to do URL off a mac. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

danemayer

Hi lote314,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's lots of useful information here along with a great bunch of friendly and helpful people.

Sorry to hear about the sofa problem. Heartland has changed furniture suppliers and type of furniture on many models a number of times over the past 4 or 5 years. I'm sure those changes were to address competitive issues, and if they found quality issues to get better furniture.

The bad news is that the warranty is for 1 year and only applies to the original purchaser.

As for how you might go about fixing the problem, perhaps another owner has dealt with a similar problem and can offer advice.