4200 Hydraulic system questions

The main hydraulic system powers my leveling legs & the main slide out. Both when extending the legs or moving my main slide in/out, the hydraulic system freezes. I have to wait 5 seconds or so and continue extending the legs or slide out. It's almost like a over pressure safety switch is cutting in.

I have tried to clean and lube the legs and all of the slide rails, although it's possible I missed something. Our 4200 is less than a year old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

jimtoo

Hi gameboynws,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Sounds like you may have a weak circuit breaker. Near your battery you should have a row of small circuit breakers being fed by the 12v battery. One of these is a 50amp that feeds the slides and jacks. It is probably getting weak and needs replaced.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

Westwind

Check the HUG section under tools, there should be a wiring diagram there under 12 Volt electrical that will show you where the fuses are. I had the same problem and had to replace mine, I also carry a spare, they are cheap enough just in case.