4200.... questions

Power-Stroke

Hello everyone...

I currently have a 4100 and I'm considering getting a 4200. I have a few of questions for you 4200 owners.
- Does the rear shower have some type of ventilation fan?
- Does the rear black tank have a black water flush?
- Does the front washer/dryer prep support a vented dryer?

Would appreciate any other likes/dislikes.

Thanks,
Jay

BLHFUN

Hey power-stroke. Answers below
no vent fan in rear bathroom/shower
no rear black water flush
yes on the vented dryer. The wall is marked for the hole, but don't trust the markings. I've heard of many people finding a wall stud right behind the "cut here" I'll be installing mine later this winter when my wallet feels better about the purchase.... :).

Happy to talk real time about the 4200. We absolutely love ours

Power-Stroke

BLHFUN-
Thanks for the response. I've been showing my wife and daughter the pic of your 4200 daily.... absolutely beautiful!! Never really considered full body paint.... until I saw yours.

I was concerned about the rear shower not being vented. I have a teenage daughter that usually invites other teenage girls to camp with us that love to take showers! I need to come up with a solution to vent the condensation/humidity.
How do you clean your black tank? With my 4100, I use a hose in the toilet to fill the tank and then dump (no pun intended)!!
I appreciate the heads up on cutting a dryer vent. Will definitely keep that in mind. We currently have a Splendie (non-vented) and it just doesn't quite do the job. Vented seems to be the way to go!

Would love to talk with you to pick your brain.

Jay

BLHFUN

My office number is 417-877-8555. I'm in the office around 7:00 am, 8am your time. Feel free to call me during the day and we can chat.

The rear black tank. fill, flush, repeat.....

The 4200 has a few flaws, but nothing that can't be altered to correct the issues. Like no vent in the rear bathroom, That's just plain silly. Lights when using the rear table are Non existent if the bunk is up. Your eating in the dark even with all four lights on. Easy fix! Just normal stuff.

The only option I didn't get is the dual pane windows. I believe that was a mistake though.

Oh. One more, DO NOT except your 4200 with tow max tires if you decide to get one... Period! Upgrade via the factory to the G114's or call trailers tires folks and deal with Scott. Awesome people that will match your tires/wheels to this trailer. This trailer is heavy, and tow Max means "body Damage" in Chinese. Trailertiresandwheels.com. Ours is on the front page.

Just holler when you're free.

I just purchased a 4200. It has no vent in read bath. Ours didn't even have the tub caulked so there is a gap between the wall and tub, which will let water in and cause problems. It also has no flushing system for rear black tank.

lijohnhua

I just purchased a 4200. It has no vent in read bath. Ours didn't even have the tub caulked so there is a gap between the wall and tub, which will let water in and cause problems. It also has no flushing system for rear black tank.

We just ordered our 4200 yesterday. I was thinking of modifying the back bathroom in the garage and making it a laundry room. That way we could put in a full sized washer and dryer and stack em. Any thoughts?

Thanks

John & Hauli Thompson

danemayer

We just ordered our 4200 yesterday. I was thinking of modifying the back bathroom in the garage and making it a laundry room. That way we could put in a full sized washer and dryer and stack em. Any thoughts?

Thanks

John & Hauli Thompson

Hi lijohnhua,

Congratulations on the new 4200 and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

One thing to consider is the power requirement for a full size dryer. Most residential dryers use 30 amps. You'd have to do your own wiring.

We purchased the 4200 for our three cats. Garage bathtub is purrfect place for the cat box. Obviously, we love our fur children. Bought rig in August of 2014 to fulltime and still renovating S&B. Hopefully, Ashville by April. Cheers everyone, Lauren

OEFVET

Hello everyone...

I currently have a 4100 and I'm considering getting a 4200. I have a few of questions for you 4200 owners.
- Does the rear shower have some type of ventilation fan?
- Does the rear black tank have a black water flush?
- Does the front washer/dryer prep support a vented dryer?

Would appreciate any other likes/dislikes.

Thanks,
Jay

I just had the dealer install my washer/dryer in the bedroom closet. I have the cut out that was used for the dryer vent. One thing I liked seeing was the two full inches of foam insulation. The hole did go slightly through one of the aluminum wall studs but it shouldn't present a problem. This is why I had the dealer install the dryer vent. If they were off, they would be completely liable.

BLHFUN

I just had the dealer install my washer/dryer in the bedroom closet. I have the cut out that was used for the dryer vent. One thing I liked seeing was the two full inches of foam insulation. The hole did go slightly through one of the aluminum wall studs but it shouldn't present a problem. This is why I had the dealer install the dryer vent. If they were off, they would be completely liable.

Which W/D did you go with?- Mine is at the shop having a few minor items fixed and it would probably be the right time to get it added. I was going to install it myself, but you bring up a good point.

DocFather

I believe the b/r closet on my 4100 is smaller than the 4200 closet. I had the dealer install the Whirlpool 2.0 cuft washer and 3.4 cuft dryer. Not real large capacity but works great for my needs. I have only done about 30 loads in them but I am quite satisfied.

123camper

Just a thought, wonder why they can't use a vented propane dryer. Clothes would dry better and only need a standard outlet.