50 AMP Cord Cap / Connector on the Gateway?

Jhuff8181

I am ordering Gateway 3650BH and I need to install an outlet in my son's garage as we will be parking there part of the year. Can anyone tell me what the cord end looks like so I can install the correct 50 amp receptacle?

DocFather

DSCN3900-220Socket.jpg

50ampplug.jpg

Last edited:

Tallyrver

Here's a link to a site that explains it with pictures. Click on 50 AMP on the left side of the page.

I was trying to find this link,then saw you had just posted it.

be very careful when installing the outlet. I had a friend help me a few years ago ,if I had let him hook up the electrical box there could have been a fire. He was trying to hook it up like a dryer outlet. 50 amp RV service is not the same.

wayne

DocFather

I was trying to find this link,then saw you had just posted it.

be very careful when installing the outlet. I had a friend help me a few years ago ,if I had let him hook up the electrical box there could have been a fire. He was trying to hook it up like a dryer outlet. 50 amp RV service is not the same.

wayne

Wayne - actually, it does get installed like a stove or elec. dryer. The correct 50-amp circuit breaker for the service panel and correct wire to the receptacle and of course, correct connections of the wires plus knowledge of household electricity (ad Code) is a must. Better than a fire.