50 AMP cord storage

RoadJunkie

I do the "Wind The Cord Dance" where you lay the cord on the ground and try to wind it into a circle while stepping on two sides, then readjusting after the stubborn section of cord will not bend concentric to the others. The cord typically slips from under my feet several times and requires hand placement under the foot. I then try to wrangle the ends together long enough to apply a Velcro strap around the "beast" where I finally make at least 3 attempts at swinging the assembly onto the hook in the front compartment. Somehow the cord manages to catch itself on anything available in the front compartment while attempting to hang it on the hook. All the while I wonder if the hook is sturdy enough to support the "beast" while traveling. Let's see...how much was that power cord wind option?

jcarnevale

I coil mine up into my collapsible trash can and leave it in the doorway of the coach because it's the last thing I do when breaking down and the first thing I do when setting up. This keeps the dirt in the trashcan and it's very easy to manage.

jpdoggett

When traveling we put it in the bed of the truck. We don't leave the truck unattended though. When home we are hooked up to 120v. We have just stuffed it in the basement sometimes. I guess you could put it in a plastic container and then put the container in the basement. Some luck folks have the built in auto rollup storage thingys.
Yes I do and boy is it nice no draging that cord around this was a great idea

micar

LMAO road junkie, thats exactly what i do now!!!!Thanks for all the great ideas,I am gong to try the 5 gallon pail trick next time we go out.
Mike

Bighurt

Looking for storage ideas for the 50 amp shore power cord.....Can't seem to find a good and convenient spot for mine and the thing weighs a tonne!!!!Ideas of where to put it and any pics would be much appreciated.
Mike

I have a 3300RLB as well and I took some 1"x14" metal bars with holes and bolted them to the angle iron in the front compartment. You know those pesky corners that poke out and get your head if you standup. I always saw that upper area as a waste of space so I tried the metal bars. Now I lay long items across the to and towards the back. The bar sticks out into the space about half way. I only have a shovel and firepoker that take up the upper area so I hand my 30 amp cord on one and the 50 amp cord on another. The middle bar manages to hold two 50' water hoses.

The items hang on the bar and the holes in the bar are perfect for the tiny bungee's you get in the variety pack. I just wrap the bungie around the coil and secure the coils to the bar. They don't move at all.

They do hang over the front landing gear cross bar, but I've found that it runs so slow and they are of such little weight that not even a rub mark occurs. Considering that its nearly impossible to put them up the same way each time, I don't think it will ever rub through the cable jacket.

With the laundry basket in place and the three items hanging on the bars I've still found their is sufficiant room for 6 chairs a pair of chocks the battery box and some pet supplies. I've even found myself drawing up plans for a box along side the laundry basket. Something to hold small supplies, oil can, fire starter, rug stakes, etc.

All my other tools that don't live in my tool box hang on the back board above the battery.

Since I organized it this way I've noticed I cleared a bunch of room in my basement for other items.

Right now I'm working on a slide out BBQ tray equiped with a counter/food prep area.

Bighurt

Yeah I suppose I can get a couple this weekend...we are full-timing right now due to flood stage home evacuation. So the power cord is in use but I think You'll get the idea.

Bighurt

Rained most of the weekend an I didn't get to the pictures...I'll keep in the back of my mind this week.

rarnold

Sorry to hear you are impacted by all that flooding. I hope you all are safe and you find everything in good shape when you get back!