50amp mini breaker lifespan

IronJ

So I had my rig out to shake it down after dealer repaired the warranty stuff and make sure everything was operating as expected......

Lo and behold the "main slide stopping while retracting" issue I brought up to my tech seems to have gone dismissed....so now not only is my slide stopping, now my 6 point is stopping while retracting...

given that it all works and is not leaking I'm gonna assume its either the breaker or a bad ground....ill address both next week when I am doing the bearings....

any way,what is the average lifespan for one of these things...I mean my rig is only a year old?

also for those who have replaced them did you just buy one from the auto store? I'd probably be inclined to order one (or a couple) from amazon if anyone has a part number or link for the correct one...

Thanks

Jeremy

IronJ

Got 4 on the way...(never know when a fellow camper may be in need)...

Any idea on avg life for these things?..

I'd like to know what kinda amps that poor hydraulic pump is pulling...

sent from space via an invisible beam from a flying metal dish

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Any idea on avg life for these things?..

I'd like to know what kinda amps that poor hydraulic pump is pulling...

It's just luck of the draw for the life span. I replaced mine after three years and the replacement is still going strong. Some last and some don't.
The hydraulic pump can draw 80 amps I'm told so I'm surprised that the 50 amp works as well as it does.
Some day I'll clamp a meter on and check the draw.

Peace
Dave

IronJ

It's just luck of the draw for the life span. I replaced mine after three years and the replacement is still going strong. Some last and some don't.
The hydraulic pump can draw 80 amps I'm told so I'm surprised that the 50 amp works as well as it does.
Some day I'll clamp a meter on and check the draw.

Peace
Dave
Oh great I better order 4 more then....

Lol...

80amps??...what heartland genius thought a 50 amp breaker was a good choice..?....

Oh wait...prob same one who wired my coax and air conditioning...

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I would say if they stay clean, dry, and they are not overloaded do to bad ground or bad wires they will last forever. I have some in my Peterbilt that are 24 years old and still going strong. But if you have a bad ground, loose or bad wiring that cause the breaker to trip a few times it will start to fail sooner.
I would address those issues and replace the breaker and that should solve your problems for good.

mlpeloquin

The tolerance on the commercial breakers are pretty loose and the pumps can draw 65 to what some have measured 90 amps. The breakers are self resetting bi metal devices. Some that have had this problem have replace them with 90 amp breakers after communicating with Lippert. If the new 50 amp breaker fails as well, I would go with a 60 amp breaker. If you know and have had to engineer electronic equipment and protect it with a breaker, you would go easy with increasing the amp rating. A sixty amp breaker isn't a problem and would still break in a catastrophic event such as a direct short or a pump motor starting to short out. If needed, the sixty amp rated breaker and short length of the wiring should not be a problem.

fritzwell

Has anyone ever replaced their factory breakers with aircraft type ? I've used them before and there pretty sweet, maybe a little pricey for some. Check them out here, www.sensata.com.