5th Wheel Hydraulics

rocrider50

Just bought my first 5th wheel (moved from a 30ft travel trailer) and have never "parked" the unit. It has hydraulic self leveling system. Can I leave it all winter on the hydraulics or do i need to lower it onto the tires and put something under the truck attachment point? Does it leak down? If surface I park on is not perfectly level and one side is unloaded does the hydraulic settle over the winter? What is recommended?

danemayer

Hi rocrider,

Lots of people leave their rigs parked on seasonal sites or in storage lots for months with the levelers extended. You'll find the same thing on dealer lots. You shouldn't have any problems with the jacks leaking down.

If the ground is soft at times, you'll want to place wood under the jacks to spread the load over a larger contact area.

I usually level our rig with the front jacks and then extend the rear jacks slightly to take a little weight off the wheels.

pcardoza

Our 4100 King has been on our seasonal site for 2 years and has not moved at all. Perfectly level and no settling.

SNOKING

Spray the extended rams from time to time with silicone spray. And wipe them off before retracting if it has been setting a while. Around salt water I would spray them often. Chris