6-Point Leveling Problem

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Make sure you check all of your battery connections, the ground to the frame, and all of the connection on the row of breakers. Tighten them with a wrench or a nut driver works good to.
Remove the ground cable from the frame and clean off the paint and reinstall. All of those things will help keep your new breaker working good.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

IronJ

Thanks guys. That makes sense to me-I had no idea those were actually breakers and not just some sort of distribution block. I went by Camping World and they did not have any nor did any of the local boat stores nearby. Of all places, Walmart had ONE so I picked it up. I'll order some additional ones on Amazon so I will have them if need be. I'll go by the storage lot shortly and install it. Thanks again!
Let us know if that cures your ailments...

Also like before, while your crunched in there check your connections for tightness and your ground....!!

sent from space via an invisible beam from a flying metal dish

rleetsc

Let us know if that cures your ailments...

Also like before, while your crunched in there check your connections for tightness and your ground....!!

sent from space via an invisible beam from a flying metal dish

I replaced the circuit breaker today and made sure everything was fitting tightly. The delays are no longer occurring like before so I can extend the landing gears, slides, etc.. without it turning off. Unfortunately, the auto level is still not working. It starts to work as before but instead of just erroring out the panel is actually turning off. When I turn the panel back on it does read low-voltage error then. I think the battery, which is brand new, may be weekend. I trickle charged it with my battery tender all day today but it's obviously not completely charged and the problem still occurs. We are traveling 4 to 5 hours with it tomorrow so my hope is that my truck charges the battery well on our way which may put us in a better position.

I am new to these RVs but does running my generator not provide some sort of charge to the battery? What about when I am plugged into shore power?

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Yes if you converter is working properly the batteries should be charging on Gen power and on shore power.
But if it's not working then everything (12v) is running off of your batteries only even if your plugged in.
Sometimes the convertors come unplugged in the basement. You can look at your voltage on your Level-up control panel with the RV unplugged and see what your voltage is. Then plug it in to shore power or start the Gen and see if the voltage goes up. Should be pushing closed to 13.5 volts plugged in.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

danemayer

If you get a low power error while plugged into shore power, and the battery is low, the output of the power converter isn't getting to the battery. Most often, the 12V DC mini-circuit breaker is tripped. It's on a buss bar with 4 or 5 breakers connected by a copper strip. The entire assembly is usually covered by a red rubber boot, and it's all near the battery.

One breaker has a teeny-tiny reset button that needs to be pushed. I've attached some pics to help.

If that's not it, our 12V Block Diagram and Diagnostic guide should help you figure it out.

Attachments

• Buss Bar Example Notated.jpg
    Buss Bar Example Notated.jpg
    477.3 KB · Views: 40
  • circuit breaker reset.jpg
    circuit breaker reset.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 34

rleetsc

Thanks everyone for your help. I replaced the 50AMP 12v breaker for the leveling system and immediately things started operating more normally. I also determined that while troubleshooting I had ran my battery too low so after putting a charge on the battery I had no further problems with this. We took it on our first camping trip this past weekend to Ocean Lakes Campground in Myrtle Beach and had no problems with leveling, etc.. Unfortunately, about 10 to 20 minutes after hooking everything up (about 2 AM Saturday morning), we lost shore power. After the campground replaced the 50AMP breaker and plug, I still did not have any power unless I powered up my generator. After some troubleshooting, I found that my transfer switch had a stuck relay on the shore power side and the only thing I knew to do was find a replacement. The only replacement I could find was a different brand that Camping World carried and it looked completely different and had no instructions. The internet was flaky also so I could not get anything to come up so after studying how things were wired and reading the boards on the new transfer switch I was able to successfully wire up the new transfer switch and got shore power going once again. Unfortunately, it appears that both my convection microwave and central vac got "zapped" in the power surge so I still have to deal with that. Otherwise, we had a fairly successful first trip. I have yet to hear of anyone taking a first trip without problems so hopefully this weekend's trip will be more successful.