6 point self leveler vs "manual"

RottsNScotts

Hi - I am comparing 2 Road Warrior 310's. One has 6 point hydraulic self leveler, the other has hydraulic and electric jacks. I will be RV'ing solo. Each dealer highly recommends what is on their trailer but I have to admit, the self leveler makes sense to this first timer! There are some advantages to the unit that does not have the self levelers.

Any thoughts or recommendations?

Thanks!
Janet

donr827

I ordered my BH from the factory with the 6 point automatic leveling. Best option I picked. Since you would be traveling solo that would definitely sway me to the trailer with the 6 point. Setting up at a new CG would be much easier with the 6 point.
Don

chaplady

I owned a Sundance without the level system and decided to trade it in for a big country with it. Setting up and taking down alot easier and less time consuming. Also with level up rv was alot more stable to be in when people were walking around. Best move I made.

etcmss

auto leveling. Been to a number of places recently and without auto level it would not have been a comfortable unit. Consider where you might go---is it flat (and all the places you intend to go are flat), now go to KY, TN,VA, ......etc. I suspect you will want auto leveling. we found out it is a good option. Gary

AAdams

First rig did not have the Level up system, second one did.... ALL future ones will. Not only do you get a unit that is easier to set up, but IMO a unit that is more stable when you are in it. Yes you can add things that will make the unit without the level system more stable, but that will take more time to set up, add to your cost, etc.

So, imagine you pull in to your site.... it's raining, you are trying to set out the blocks to be able to level your rig, pull up on them, see if you have enough once the weight of the trailer are on the blocks, nope, back it off, readjust.... disconnect, adjust Front / back level, adjust the stabilizers, hook up power, water.... etc

or,

You pull in to your site, disconnect, hook up the power, hit autolevel, hook up the water, go in open the sides....

I will take Level up every time.

RottsNScotts

Okay, one more question on this topic. I found that it is possible to retrofit the trailer with the levelling system. Has anyone done this and is it a workable solution? Any recommendations on brand and/or type, 4 point vs 6 point for a Road Warrior 310???

Thanks again!
Janet

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I recommend the Lippert Level Up and yes you can get it installed aftermarket, but if you are going to order a coach you might be able to save some money once you negotiate the price of the coach with all the options.
I had mine installed aftermarket when my rig was a week old using the rally special discount.
The six point is what you will want.

Peace
Dave