6 pt leveling popping sound

Rosty

I have 6 point leveling system in my 2014 Bighorn and love it. But I've had some issues with it making a popping sound, particularly in the front jack, after it has been leveled. It's loud enough that people comment about it sitting around the campfire and it kept me awake one night. Happens every 30 seconds or so, and is intermittent. Anyone else have an issue with "popping"?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Rosty, welcome to the forum. This is a great place to share information. A lot of great help here.
Popping.....oh yeah. It has become quite popular this past year.
But there is help available.
Lippert, the company that supplies the Level-Up system is aware of the problem and they have a cure.
Seems that the fluid that was used in the system could have been a little better.
You will need to siphon some fluid out and add a product called Torco 15. It is a fork oil used in motorcycles.
Some have also used a Cat additive.
Do a search here on the forum for 'popping' and you will get plenty of information.
Mine has been quiet since I got the additive.

Peace
Dave

sandman

My did it so i put taller blocks under each leg and it quite doing it. i thing on mine if the legs got extended to for it would pop.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
You can also use the Harley Davidson racing fork fluid that is similar to the 15 weight. That is what I used as only thing I could find locally without ordering from amazon. Cured the popping noise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

marvmarcy

There have been various levels of relief from popping by adding antistiction fluid (Torco RFF15 or the Cat product), shortening the hydraulic stroke and using pads that allow slight slipping at the ground contact point. The results seem to vary with circumstances. I've done all the "fixes" and have greatly improved the popping but not eliminated it. I have occasional days with quite a bit of popping, seemingly temperature related, but most days are fairly quiet. Since rvs often have similar noises from the suspension and side walls related to temperature changes, I am happy now with the hydraulics. I have a four-point system and seem to have frame flex - but that's another story.