88 Degree cap clearance?

sengli

Well it was going to happen eventually. I am down sizing. Going from a 3500 to a 2500 tow vehicle. The new truck will have a 6.5 foot bed instead of the 8 footer I have now. So the current rig is a big country fifth wheel. So do I really need to invest in a slider type hitch or can I use the heartland 88 degree cap and get by without too much worry with my current puck mounted non slider set up?

Larrytgg

You will have no problem with this set up… I have that rig and a Big Horn and it works just fine with a stationary hitch

rhodies1

I have the shorter box on my GMC and as stated,, if you need to cut that hard to get into a site. Stop snd pull forward snd get re- aligned. Just pay attention and you’ll be ok

sengli

Good to hear. Really didnt want to re-invest in yet another hitch set up. I will pay close attention when trying it out.

taskswap

I invested in a slider hitch and never use it. I have a 2021 RAM 2500 with a 6.5' bed and I can jack to nearly 90 degrees without hitting. YMMV but I agree with the above comments. It's rarely needed and just adds extra weight to your cargo limits.

I can't wait for the new Curt Crosswing. When they come out with a "puck" adapter base for it, it's going to be a killer combo.