A/C ceiling vents

Edsbow

We just bought our 357 edge and the vents in the living room blow air straight out and not down. Any ideas what to do? Also anyone else have problems with the awning for back deck? Ours has been back to dealer three times and still won't come out and blows fuses. Getting frustrated with this issue.

danemayer

Hi Edsbow,

Congratulations on the new Edge and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

I'm not sure what you mean by air blowing "straight out and not down." If your vents have angled slats, the air will typically be directed at an angle. Is that what you mean?

As for the awning, if it works for a while and then blows a fuse, it could be something like a staple that pierced the wiring. Or it could be a problem with the awning motor. Or it might be the awning motor.

It might be possible for the dealer to test for a motor problem by disconnecting the power near the motor and running a similar 12V device for diagnostic purposes.

Or since the dealer has already had 3 tries (and presumably thought it was working), you might call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. Perhaps they'll approve replacing the awning motor or entire awning assembly.

Edsbow

Thank you for your reply, the vents are angled but only blow across the top of ceiling. I wonder if we can change them to something that adjusts more. The awning is on its third motor. And husband believes it's binding up some where. Didn't know if this was a common problem or I just have issues. We will call dealer again tomorrow. Heartland is aware of issues.

danemayer

You can replace the vents. Here's a link to DWINCorp where various choices are available. Amazon also carries some.
I've replaced some of my vents with ones that open and close as needed. The only challenge is that sometimes the mounting screw holes don't align with the opening. Takes a little experimentation on the best placement.

Edsbow

You can replace the vents. Here's a link to DWINCorp where various choices are available. Amazon also carries some.
I've replaced some of my vents with ones that open and close as needed. The only challenge is that sometimes the mounting screw holes don't align with the opening. Takes a little experimentation on the best placement.

Thank you I will look them up.

Aandaar

Need to check this site out. I want to close off the bathroom A/C vent. It gets so cold in their I think some of my particulars are going yo turn blue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chuck, Victoria, and Miss Callie

mlpeloquin

But it is great room to be in on a 95 degree day with only 30 amp service! Just didn't help when temps hit 105*.

Last edited by a moderator: