A/C unit froze and vents have poor flow

shive787

I had my A/C unit in the kitchen area freeze up this week. Temps were in the 90's with high humidity. Had the unit set to 70deg and fan on auto. The unit ran almost nonstop for 2 days and then froze.

Also, the air trickles out of the vents throughout the trailer. When I open the vent on the unit itself, air blows out very strong.

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks!

-Wade

2014' ElkRidge 37 Ultimate

Last edited by a moderator:

Snow

Re: ATF: A/C unit froze and vents have poor flow

Yea unfortunately that's about all your going to get unless you do the mod that's on this forum somewhere, it helps a little,when you open the vent at the unit that's called quick cool I think so your going to get all the air at once. and also I think someone said you should run the fan on high all the time hope this helps ⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️

shive787

Yea unfortunately that's about all your going to get unless you do the mod that's on this forum somewhere, it helps a little,when you open the vent at the unit that's called quick cool I think so your going to get all the air at once. and also I think someone said you should run the fan on high all the time hope this helps

Thanks snow! I will try to search for the mod your talking about.

-Wade

brianlajoie

When we were at Goshen, the AC presenter told us to always run the AC on high. The reason being that when the condensor shuts down, the fan will be drawing more air over the coils to help in the cooling process. I haven't had the problem, so I can't tell it works for sure, but I would give it a try.

shive787

When we were at Goshen, the AC presenter told us to always run the AC on high. The reason being that when the condensor shuts down, the fan will be drawing more air over the coils to help in the cooling process. I haven't had the problem, so I can't tell it works for sure, but I would give it a try.

Thanks! Yes I read that in the manual. I actually did the TimK tent mod and it doubled the air flow from the unit.

-Wade

ndmac

Make sure the Styrofoam baffle is tight between the warm air intake and the cold air exhaust. Had to push mine back in place several times until I got some aluminum furnace tape and fixed it for good...No more freezing and improved air flow!