A/C unit in a Sundance 3270 res

jenabby

just took our fifth wheel out this weekend to Whistler for the second time out. Weather was hot and we found the A/C not to be at full potential! Our bedroom and bathroom was very hot. Feels like no cold air at all. Livingroom and kitchen were fine. We start the a/c first thing in the morning and keep everything closed. The unit has a 13,500 btu Dometic, is this not sufficent? Any ideas please?

jimtoo

Hi jenabby,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'm sure some of our other Sundance owners will jump in soon with some opinions for you. But I with our unit on hot days the bedroom and bath do get pretty warm with just the one A/C running.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum and your new unit.

Jim M

chaplady

We owned a 3270 res before trading it in. Nice rig and floor plan. Does the air come out of any of the overhead vents or just under air conditioner? If it's just under the unit you have to close that unit vent to send air down the over head vents. Ours even then bedroom never got great air flow. We placed fan in living room blowing towards bedroom.

yukikiko

What year is your Sundance... If it is a 2014,15... The A/C should be a 15000 BTU.... Ours is a 2013 with a 15000 BTU. When I close the A/C to redirect the flow through the overhead vents, we get great flow in the living room and rotten flow in the bathroom and bedroom. I use a small fan on the floor in the bedroom to move the little bit of flow around. If you are not getting any flow through the vents, then you have a build problem. Take it back to the dealer and have them fix it