A few problems with our Landmark.

gv550

Hi, we have had our 2011 Grand Canyon since June and have a few problems, just wondering if anyone has had the same issues and found solutions.
1) The counter top cover over the rear of the cooktop has cracked from the slotted hole to the outside edge, the original one cracked and was replaced under warranty but now the new one did the same thing. Neither of them were dropped.
2) We have a loud cracking or creeking noise coming from the front of the RV, this started within the past 2 months and is becoming more frequent, about once every hour when we are in the RV.
3) The clear coat peeled off all 4 of our wheels, they were replaced under warranty but I am wondering what needs to be done to prevent this from re-occuring.
4) Rain water leaks in at the bottom front of the bedroom slide. The dealer has added a flap seal along the bottom length of the slide and the top and side seals are sitting properly (not folded in). The slide appears to be sitting properly and there is no gap at the front. It still leaks, enough to soak the carpet 1 or 2 feet out from the wall.
5) Our bedroom and bathroom fans cause interferance with the living room TV (Sharp 32 LCD), the picture goes to snow and sound is just a loud grinding noise. After a few months of this the TV just quit, it was replaced under warranty but the the same interferance is still there, we just be sure to turn off the TV whenever the fan is on. This occurs when using the antenae and not as bad when hooked to cable. The bedroom TV works fine with the fans on, and the fantastic fan in the kitchen does not cause interferance even tho all 3 fans are on the same fuse.
6) Our hall light often does not work, the dealer replaced the light assembly and the switch and it works for a while then shuts off. Next day it may work again, maybe not, and the other lights on that circuit work fine.

We live in the RV full time, our dealer is in Canada and we are in Florida for the winter.

Garry

lmcclure

1st Tennessee Member#1084
Garry sorry that you are having trouble, on Monday call Heartland Service and have your vin ready they will help you find someone to help.

danemayer

There is a new supplier for fluorescent light fixtures and the fixtures look a little different. Ask for another replacement.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
The TV interference from the 12V bathroom and bedroom fans is a common problem. One method is to install a small capacitor on the motor (see attached procedure posted previously by another member). The other is to replace the OEM fan with a Heng Vortex. For some reason, the Heng Vortex does not put out the interference that the OEM fan does. I changed our bedroom fan to the Heng and that one no longer interferes. The bathroom one is still the OEM and it does interfere. One of these days, I'll take care of that bad boy, too.

For the other items, including the wheels, contact Heartland with your VIN, as suggested.

DougS

Doug S
Garry,
"2) We have a loud cracking or creeking noise coming from the front of the RV, this started within the past 2 months and is becoming more frequent, about once every hour when we are in the RV."

Try nylon boards under front pods. They can be bought from RV supplies, or I bought cheap cutting boards @$2.50, from Wamart and place them on a plywood board under the pods. Works on my rig.

I also have the fan interference, I'll try the capacitor fix. The interference should have nothing to do with a defective TV.